Closed Pass Around - The Merkur Futur Clone

Well,after a bit of grinding here and there,I think I will offer this out as a pass around.
I shaved with it this morning and was pleasantly surprised,seeing as it costs all of £16.40 delivered!,BBS all the way!.
My little review thread is here....
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/the-£16-merkur-futur-clone-review.34934/#post-486533
So,if you want to give it a go,shove your name down!,I would love for some real Merkur Futur owners to do a comparison!.
All I ask for is a little review afterwards.....
1-Whosthedaddy's other half
2-NotTheStig
3-AndyMc133

Last edited:
Some obvious visual or tactile clues as to it being different if blind folded.

Still feels a substantial a piece of kit.

No idea on what number to shave on, think 3 and go from there tomorrow. The wife will then have a test run on Monday with a leg side by side comparison or something along those lines any ways?

image.jpeg

Cella
Semogue 2000
Chinese Futur clone (6/6/6)
Vintage Gillette (2)
Witch hazel
Original Astral

image.jpeg

In a nut shell:

Weighty and a presence in the hand, almost caught me off guard a few times as used to shaving with uber lightweight DEs at the moment.
Build quality not equal to the Futur in feel and adjustment
The top cap feels a little flimsy and mechanism stiffer when turning between numbers.
Don't get me started on the numbers...hahaha
Blade was a little trickier to set than the Futur
Looks? Think I prefer the standard, not a gold fan but the extra details on the handle? Not sure yet?
Worth £20, hell yeah.

The wife says it shaves the same...and cuts her in the same places as the normal one. I think that's the problem when trying to get a job done with 3 moany kids interrupting you every few mins.

I'll give it another whirl tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom