Paul Taylor, What The Fuck France

The thing is that the guy is completely bilingual, his accent is non-existent (it's noticeable on a few words, but barely), so as he said, when he makes very minor mistakes, he can sound like a retard to some people.

There's a German comedian based in the UK who exploits the same national differences humour, Henning Wehn. He's a lot calmer and his humour really appeals to the British. He teases the Germans and the British pretty equally.
http://henningwehn.de/video/

He might be one of my neighbours (he lives in Tooting SW London... Maybe I bumped into him last week while shopping at Aldi)

Yes, pretty much French on all the levels...

However, when Henning says in the video he lives in Tooting (at 2'18), I really laughed at loud.
Tooting, amongst other things, is likely the biggest concentration of German supermarkets in London with 2 Lidl and 1 Aldi... In addition to the Lidl in Wimbledon (where is located the headquarter), Streatham and Mitcham; this area is literally krauted (crowded, pun intended) of German stores.:D

Ah, so you are French, but live in London? That explains it - how you knew Paul Taylor speaks nearly-accentless French, yet live in Tooting. I thought all French people lived in South Kensington.

Wehn really made me laugh when he was asked on C4's 2015 Alternative Election Night show who he'd vote for. He replied
UKIP, on the grounds that they were the only party seeking to implement Otto von Bismarck's 19th century plan to marginalise Britain.

Ahahah, although I think South Kensington is definitely the place to be, my wallet tends to disagree...

Wehn is rather funny indeed. However, his jokes sound sometimes cringey (but I'm not a Briton so maybe I interpret them the wrong way).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom