Penhalingon's Sartorial and English Fern

Gentlemen... I've found out I'm short of fragrances... well, you know what I mean...

So, I'd like to hear your esteemed opinions on the two Penhaligon's colognes mentioned above. Following their "description" I've read, I'd prefer English Fern... but those...many "notes" are overwhelming...

Too "heavy"? Irrelevant? Original?

I'm a citrus man... yet I absolutely like Blenheim Bouquet.

Thanks in advance...

Gentlemen... I've found out I'm short of fragrances... well, you know what I mean...

So, I'd like to hear your esteemed opinions on the two Penhaligon's colognes mentioned above. Following their "description" I've read, I'd prefer English Fern... but those...many "notes" are overwhelming...

Too "heavy"? Irrelevant? Original?

I'm a citrus man... yet I absolutely like Blenheim Bouquet.

Thanks in advance...
I've yet to try the English Fern but have heard it's very good indeed, I do have the Sartorial though and can highly recommend it along with the Iris Prima but scents are so personal so what I may love you may not. :)

I wouldn't term Sartorial in any way ' citrus ' Juan Manuel, however it is one of my fave fougeres. Spoiled only by the cost ! It has what I can only call a sharp ozonic note which is very distinctive and lasts throughout the drydown. There is no other fragrance I can compare it to I'm afraid, so it really would be an expensive blind buy for you. The English Fern is a very green scent and does linger well. Sorry can't help more.

JohnnyO. o/

I wouldn't term Sartorial in any way ' citrus ' Juan Manuel, however it is one of my fave fougeres. Spoiled only by the cost ! It has what I can only call a sharp ozonic note which is very distinctive and lasts throughout the drydown. There is no other fragrance I can compare it to I'm afraid, so it really would be an expensive blind buy for you. The English Fern is a very green scent and does linger well. Sorry can't help more.

JohnnyO. o/

Thanks for your help, John!

Sartorial smells great and is worth at least trialling a tester, though it didn't work well on my skin. Haven't tried English Fern but it has always caught my eye.

Thank you!

I finally managed to sniff Sartorial in a perfume shop... very nice indeed. Sadly they didn't have English Fern. Worst is they carry it at €116... Not nice, no.

Anyway, I've ordered both... online.... and at a decent price... Now waiting...

Back
Top Bottom