perma-sharps

You rarely hear mention of these blades!
I've finally got around to giving these a try in a couple of razors and found them smooth, not the sharpest perhaps, but reasonable enough to buy fifty, average sort of price.

You rarely hear mention of these blades!
I've finally got around to giving these a try in a couple of razors and found them smooth, not the sharpest perhaps, but reasonable enough to buy fifty, average sort of price.
If you are talking about the Russian Permasharp I think they're splendid. Not Feather sharp first shave but super sharp thereafter. Definitely a favorite.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sorry, yes I am talking about the Russian ones. I was tempted to see how worthy of their name they are by seeing how many shaves they could do, but as usual thought, nah, life's too short to re-use blades more than a few times. :)

I got some of these in a starter pack. I did not like them myself. I tried two of the blades, it was like shaving with a rusty rake.

I am sure it is probably my technique causing most of the issue, but I do not have the same problems with the other blades I have tried.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Of the PPI blades I have used I've found Nacets and 70C Yellow to be a bit sharper but not as forgiving and as smooth than the Perma Sharp SS's which are one of my favourite blades around.

I got some of these in a starter pack. I did not like them myself. I tried two of the blades, it was like shaving with a rusty rake.

I am sure it is probably my technique causing most of the issue, but I do not have the same problems with the other blades I have tried.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk
Yep, we've all been there! One man's meat .... it's strange how we can all get such different results, but that's what keeps it interesting.:)

They were all the rage a few years back on the other forums, but have faded into the shadows. Personally, they never worked for my face as well as other Gillette blades, but some swear by them. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom