Phoenix & Beau soap

Do all P&B's soaps just cover the base of what is quite a large tub?
My Imperial Bay is gorgeous, but given the skimpy amount in the tub, I don't think I'll be using them again if this is usual.
....or was I just unlucky,...

Last edited:
Hit and miss in my experience, some tubs I have had look like they have been lightly filled and others have had a generous amount. Have you tried weighing them to see if they meet the 115g of soap (take into account container weight also)?

Wouldn't I have to use it all before I could weigh the container?.....:)
Perhaps someone has an empty container (if they exist) or the maker can tell us the wieght of their containers?

For the price the soaps cost it does look a bit stingy sometimes but I wouldn't have thought they put any less than advertised in the tub. 115g/4oz. Could look less because other things are 150g or more

P&B FAQ

"3) Hang on, my jar looks half filled, are you trying to rip me off?

Each jar is over filled with approximately 20% of its advertised weight. It is then left to cure for a minimum of 8-weeks. During this time the soap dehydrates and loses weight so that it ends up being within roughly 10g of its advertised weight. We have deliberately chosen oversized jars that allow plenty of room for you to build your lather.

This means that whilst your jar is half filled (because to fill it completely would mean you'd be getting roughly 8oz) we are making sure you're getting what you're paying for, and that's a minimum of 4oz (or 115g)."

I did have some Albion but I must admit I was disappointed. It was too soft to lather in the container and therefore you had to scoop it out into a bowl. It therefore did not last that long and did not represent as good a value for money as say Wickham and Nanny's (or even Fine or Tabac shaving soap which are tallow) which are harder and last months.

Back
Top Bottom