Please compare these cream brands - OSP / Cyril Salter

I have an urge to buy some good shaving creams. Both Salter and OSP have earned some impressive reviews. I would appreciate your opinions regarding fragrances and performance please!

Last edited:
What type of scent are you interested in? Salter is probably more conservative in their options. I have yet to use an OSP cream as I usually prefer soaps....however I have used Salter's Wild Rose which smells delicious....Turkish Delight to be exact! The other thing to consider is ...Salter is cheaper and also 60g larger.

If I buy Salters I'm interested in all of their scents except probably the Vetiver. It appears that the OSP scents are one-off artisan crafted. No doubt OSP scents are very well done and quite popular from what I've read.

Never tried OSP but very recently had the displeasure of two Salter creams... Sandalwood smelt of sweet cinnamon, didn't even bother lathering it. Wild rose had a strong base scent coming through - Reminded me of Savlon! Used it once, very runny in the pot, like hair conditioner... Good glide but poor protection and dry post-shave.

If your choice is definitely limited to these two manufacturers then I'd give OSP a try.

Back
Top Bottom