Poll for August Raffle Prize and suggestions for September.

Which prize would you like to win in the August Raffle?

• £149 TOBS manicure set

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have for your choice of raffle prizes:-

1. £210 worth of Plisson razor and stand. (The value of this may well have changed by the time we start the raffle.)

2. £120 worth of smellies of your choice from up to two shops.

3. £123 worth of straight razor starter kit and instruction book or a straight razor of your choice.

4. £149 worth of TOBS manicure set.

Thanks to John, @Melbourne12 for putting the prize list together.

Last edited:
Raffle suggestion:
pick a country/region and ask member to recommend raffle items. I live in the US, ideas might be 1) Blackbird polished razor 2) Rockwell razor, stand, blade bank 3) gift card to major shaving shop 4) several artisan soaps. From my limited TSR readings, several options.

Other suggestion: Let @Darkbulb pick out some non-shaving items

Raffle suggestion:
pick a country/region and ask member to recommend raffle items. I live in the US, ideas might be 1) Blackbird polished razor 2) Rockwell razor, stand, blade bank 3) gift card to major shaving shop 4) several artisan soaps. From my limited TSR readings, several options.

Other suggestion: Let @Darkbulb pick out some non-shaving items

We are UK-centric, I'm afraid, which does limit the choices, especially for some of the really great US razors. But I like the gift card idea. I'm sure that most suppliers, even of artisan products, would be happy to issue a credit note which the raffle winner could spend and top up if he wished to.

We kinda do what you suggest, Batch, in that if a prize item is available in the UK and the US, we would buy in the US for a US winner. It means a bit of a time delay while items available in the US wend their way slowly over to us.

We also kinda do the Gift Card already - not very much but a bit - in that if a prize were, say, £150 to spend on shaving gear, that £150 could be spent anywhere, though I ask in no more than two shops. By 'anywhere' I mean with an on-line presence.

Can't think that you have won a prize yet - same club as me and others! Andreas has won tree times!!

Every once in a while, I get the false impression "I have Creative ideas" . While my expertise does not extend to UK import/tax laws, I assumed raffle tickets would be £4 and not £3 with the extra £1 to cover/refund importing costs.

Carl - you are correct. I have been a generous donor to TSR raffles. As a newer member (my number is 6998), I was hoping my first 2 raffle wins would be unique & recommended products from Spain, Australia, Germany, etc.

Hi, firstly a newbie alert, I may be crossing into areas already raffled, however what about the single edge by supply provision or anyone of the new SE's on the scene. The Claymore by executive shaving should be out as well as a few of the others.

Back
Top Bottom