Portuguese creams

How do

I'm off to Portugal on my jollies soon & as I've been sucked into this rabbit hole I wonder if anyone can advise of any creams to buy. I'm going to a relatively small village albeit it has a couple of big local supermarkets. Any advice on what might be available, thinking here in the UK we have Palmolive in Tesco etc

Cheers
Shaun

While you're in the supermarket, Shaun, pick up some Floid Black aftershave; great stuff and cheap a chips.

@shaunwistow @fancontroller is right and I would broaden that out to any Floid after shave - in terms of both performance and price. I have never been in Portugal but I do go to Spain frequently. The Floid Vigoroso and Suave are about six to seven euros a bottle. The former has more menthol in it than the latter. I always keep both in the den. There are limited edition versions in bigger bottles and an Italian version but these are much more expensive - it you can find them. I

@shaunwistow - come to think about it - assuming there will be a cross over between Spanish and Portuguese shops - look out for the Spanish version of Williams Aqua Velva and a product called Artic Kinesia. The latter is in a tall plastic green bottle with a distinctive toggle cap. There's a picture of an iceberg on the label. For the price superb. It's got algae in it apparently. It works really well for me. I

Sorry I didn't notice this thread before! I hope you're still here on holidays so I could direct you to some of our shaving products... So gere it goes: Musgo Real shaving cream is at a premium price right now, but if you manage to get some time you can visit Ach Brito factory at Vila do Conde and buy it there at a somewhat advantageous price. Sometimes they have there the Classic Scent Shaving Cream in a white tube at 3-4 euros each! An absurd bargain.

Veleiro and Lavanda shaving creams can be found on some supermarkets (Clarel), but they seem to be harder to find lately... Some rumours of reformulation or discontinuation are floating around.

If you go to Porto you need to visit a store called "Balada da Sorte". A must visit for sure. Semogue brushes galore and Portuguese creams available for sure. Also a nice store called A Vida Portuguesa.

In Santa Maria da Feira also in the North, near Porto, the physical store of our fellow member Lamina (Gil) The Shave Butler is a must visit too.

Sorry I didn't notice this thread before! I hope you're still here on holidays so I could direct you to some of our shaving products... So gere it goes: Musgo Real shaving cream is at a premium price right now, but if you manage to get some time you can visit Ach Brito factory at Vila do Conde and buy it there at a somewhat advantageous price. Sometimes they have there the Classic Scent Shaving Cream in a white tube at 3-4 euros each! An absurd bargain.

Veleiro and Lavanda shaving creams can be found on some supermarkets (Clarel), but they seem to be harder to find lately... Some rumours of reformulation or discontinuation are floating around.

If you go to Porto you need to visit a store called "Balada da Sorte". A must visit for sure. Semogue brushes galore and Portuguese creams available for sure. Also a nice store called A Vida Portuguesa.

In Santa Maria da Feira also in the North, near Porto, the physical store of our fellow member Lamina (Gil) The Shave Butler is a must visit too.

Thank you, I go to Alvor (western Algarve) in July, it's a lovely place & it's like my 2nd home

Thank you, I go to Alvor (western Algarve) in July, it's a lovely place & it's like my 2nd home

Veleiro, Lavanda, TS, Men's Estoril, and VIP. These are the ones to look for. The last two maybe a bit easier to find, and cheap as chips. Veleiro and Lavanda my favourites of this bunch. You won't find Musgo Real products that easily.

Back
Top Bottom