Post shave care for fingers.(ouch)

So shaving my head by feel. Shave, feel, shave, feel sh ouch. Caught two middle finger tips bad.
Multiple Elastoplasts on and one finger won't stop bleeding. We're not talking A and E bad but the Elastoplasts aren't containing the blood.
Any suggestions on stopping the bleeding and wound care?

Cut my fingers occasionally when trying to restore straight razors: bleeding from finger can look bad to start with but wrapping tight closing cut with a couple of laps of paper tissue fastened with surgical tape, followed by a mug of coffee with a piece of pie to calm the nerves usually takes care of business, no bleed through, happy days, will rest hand for a while before carefully removing first aid replacing it with just surgical tape.

Last edited:
Do you have any wound dressings? cut one down to size, actually use a piece folded several times, and tape it on tight with zinc oxide tape, it should restrict the blood flow a little (think tourniquet) so don't leave the initial one on too long. once the bleeding has stopped re-dress it but leave the tape a little looser.

Cut my fingers occasionally when trying to restore straight razors: bleeding from finger can look bad to start with but wrapping tight closing cut with a couple of laps of paper tissue fastened with surgical tape, followed by a mug of coffee with a piece of pie to calm the nerves usually takes care of business, no bleed through, happy days, will rest hand for a while before carefully removing first aid replacing it with just surgical tape.
Thanks!

So shaving my head by feel. Shave, feel, shave, feel sh ouch. Caught two middle finger tips bad.
Multiple Elastoplasts on and one finger won't stop bleeding. We're not talking A and E bad but the Elastoplasts aren't containing the blood.
Any suggestions on stopping the bleeding and wound care?
I have had to resort to using a women's sanitary pad on a finger I sliced with a Stropping blade, it's just like a feild dressing, put it on as tight as you can and tape it up. Leave alone for an hour then take a look, it should have stopped bleeding and you can use a normal dressing ! The pad must have soaked up a quarter pint of blood , I forget what brand they was! :) P ( this is a true story ) P.

Last edited:
I have had to resort to using a women's sanitary pad on a finger I sliced with a Stropping blade, it's just like a feild dressing, put it on as tight as you can and tape it up. Leave alone for an hour then take a look, it should have stopped bleeding and you can use a normal dressing ! The pad must have soaked up a quarter pint of blood , I forget what brand they was! :) P

Did you get an immediate urge to walk a poodle and ride roller skates in the park at the same time while feeling dry, fresh and awesome? :cool:
If so, I'm guessing they were P&G Always pads with wings.

Back
Top Bottom