Postage heads-up.

As you may/may not know, I recently purchased a full bottle of Myrsol formula k off @Oomer , paid for it and everything seemed in order. It was posted by Oomer with proof of postage however it hasn't arrived.

Just for you all to know, Royal Mail have a clause about sending aftershaves greater than 150mL - if they find out you're trying to send something that doesn't fit this criteria, they will destroy the item without informing either party involved. This, unfortunately, seems to be the case for this transaction and I cannot fault Oomer for his cooperation and selling ability. Everything within our power has been done faultlessly. I am keeping my eyes peeled for this delivery but unfortunately do not have high hopes, having been a week on Monday since posted.

In short, be wary about sending larger volumes of aftershaves via Royal Mail, as they might not reach the recipient. Fortunately, we're all adults here and are able to discuss these matters as such.

All the best, all.

Bummer! I didn't know that. Keep us informed. In the meantime fingers crossed.... it might arrive - I've had delays but they've arrived eventually.

I've been told they X ray some (all?) parcels - maybe it showed up on a scan... or maybe it's just slow in arriving. Hope it does turn up.

Bummer! I didn't know that. Keep us informed. In the meantime fingers crossed.... it might arrive - I've had delays but they've arrived eventually.

I've been told they X ray some (all?) parcels - maybe it showed up on a scan... or maybe it's just slow in arriving. Hope it does turn up.
I hope so too. Hopefully it's just a slight delay in posting at Oomer's end, as I've had deliveries purchased since which have arrived already through Royal Mail. Here's hoping!

Edit: it should read a delay in Royal Mail as I know Oomer has posted the parcel.

Last edited:
That is very unfortunate, I wonder if it is a consistent policy that they adhere to? I am sure all of us have ordered things and sent them well over 150ml. It is food for thought for the future, especially selling via BST. How can that be (potentially) destroyed whilst vendors can ship 400ml bottles of Proraso and Floid with no issues?

How was the parcel sent, was it normal first or second class, or was it sent via recorded? I was curious about other services like Collect+ and MyHermes but they seem to have the same guidelines as RM. Seems its luck of the draw and whether you take a risk of declaring it or not. MyHermes seems a reasonable alternative to RM price wise.

I myself sent aftershave via International Signed For to South East Asia and it arrived, it had been opened when it arrived but it seemed to pass through the UK side of things easily enough. I was reading afterwards that it is an offence to post them abroad so I wonder how it got through, I wasn't expecting it to.

Hope your parcel arrives and all is not lost!

@nolisco i can only assume it's in place 24/7 but a lack of effort/time means they don't check every parcel. I can only assume it's sent via an alternative handler for vendors. I have received items larger than 150mL in the post so it didn't cross my mind.

I've had issues with Hermes and they state they hold no liability for parcels listed as fragile or something to that extent.

Thanks all, I thought it best to give everyone a heads up as I don't want anyone else getting stung by something similar.

@nolisco i can only assume it's in place 24/7 but a lack of effort/time means they don't check every parcel. I can only assume it's sent via an alternative handler for vendors. I have received items larger than 150mL in the post so it didn't cross my mind.

I've had issues with Hermes and they state they hold no liability for parcels listed as fragile or something to that extent.

Thanks all, I thought it best to give everyone a heads up as I don't want anyone else getting stung by something similar.
Thanks for the heads up, it wouldn't have crossed my mind with regards to domestic postage. Hope it does arrive for you.

Thanks Ben for highlighting this for other members that don't realise these guidelines are in place. I was also wanting you to try this formula K and report back to base wether you liked it or not, never mind like I said in my PM to you I have sent you a full refund and if the Myrsol does eventually turn up just let me know don't send it back to me keep it.

Oomer

Some domestic items are actually shipped by air now and therefore subject to CAA rules on flammable liquids. I suspect this is the reason behind the RM edict
That would be subject to excepted quantities/limited quantities for consignments I'd imagine. That would also be product specific to an extent (packing/shipping group dependent) and unless you know about ADR/RID it would make shipment difficult for a regular Tom/Dick/Harry.

As I said to Oomer, it's a shame they don't question what you're sending then penalise you for sending something outside their guidelines.

Thanks Ben for highlighting this for other members that don't realise these guidelines are in place. I was also wanting you to try this formula K and report back to base wether you liked it or not, never mind like I said in my PM to you I have sent you a full refund and if the Myrsol does eventually turn up just let me know don't send it back to me keep it.

Oomer
If it arrives even in 3 weeks time I wouldn't hesitate to pay for the goods my friend. It would not be at all fair for me to keep both money and goods. :) thanks for your generosity though.

Back
Top Bottom