Pre de Provence Products

Hi all,

Newbie & long time lurker here!

I was just wondering if anyone had tried the Pre de Provence range of soaps and aftershave balms, and what are your thoughts on them? I read some good reviews online and wanted to try their aftershave balm in particular, but couldn't find anywhere in the UK selling them. I think they are similar on quality to l'Occitane

I was thinking of ordering a case of each product from the distributor in the US and putting the stock on eBay for a fair price (I'm guessing £10 - £15 inc postage). Would anyone be interested in ordering these products, and would I be allowed to post an eBay link on the forum?

I've received the products, photographed them and made the ebay listings. They are priced at only £12.99 + Royal Mail postage. They were imported from the distributor in the USA, taxed on delivery and at this price after ebay/paypal fees I'm only making 30p profit from each sale.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you want to buy multiple items please PM me for the best price on postage. I could also discount the ebay fee for direct orders (payment through paypal).

Thanks for looking

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRE-de-PR...139550?hash=item2830c8855e:g:eUMAAOSww3tY6RSF

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRE-de-PR...216619?hash=item283106bb6b:g:CZkAAOSwhQhY7SO9

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRE-de-PR...116054?hash=item2830c82996:g:xF8AAOSw03lY6QsJ

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRE-de-PR...219650?hash=item283106c742:g:wBwAAOSwmgJY7STR

Last edited:
Hi Oliver, I wish I'd seen this a few weeks ago as I ordered the shaving soap myself from the US. Crazy really as it's made in France, shipped to the US then shipped to me back in the UK!
I really like it. It's a mild scent, kind of woody/spicy and manly. I'd say it's a good one for people who find Tabac too strong a scent. Performance is top rate. It's a hard soap but with little effort brings up a rich slick lather. Think it'll last a long time. It's also got a touch of moisturising properties which means I don't need ASB (which I usually use).
Good luck with your sales; good pricing too.

Hi Oliver, I wish I'd seen this a few weeks ago as I ordered the shaving soap myself from the US. Crazy really as it's made in France, shipped to the US then shipped to me back in the UK!
I really like it. It's a mild scent, kind of woody/spicy and manly. I'd say it's a good one for people who find Tabac too strong a scent. Performance is top rate. It's a hard soap but with little effort brings up a rich slick lather. Think it'll last a long time. It's also got a touch of moisturising properties which means I don't need ASB (which I usually use).
Good luck with your sales; good pricing too.

I really fell in love the performance of the regular PdP soap & balm, which is the reason I decided to buy in bulk (6 of each product), keep some for my own supply and sell the excess. It leaves my skin feeling smooth & hydrated throughout the day.

I'm no expert on scents but when I first smell No 63 it makes me think of YSL La Nuit de l`Homme.

Hi all,

Newbie & long time lurker here!

I was just wondering if anyone had tried the Pre de Provence range of soaps and aftershave balms, and what are your thoughts on them? I read some good reviews online and wanted to try their aftershave balm in particular, but couldn't find anywhere in the UK selling them. I think they are similar on quality to l'Occitane

I was thinking of ordering a case of each product from the distributor in the US and putting the stock on eBay for a fair price (I'm guessing £10 - £15 inc postage). Would anyone be interested in ordering these products, and would I be allowed to post an eBay link on the forum?

IMHO the "63" soap is better than the L'occitane soap, better performance, better post shave skin feel and better scent and scent strength too but that is just my opinion. I much prefer DR Harris Arlington though.

Last edited:
I seem to recall that PdP products, although made in France, are marketed in the USA only. Even the French can't buy them.

I tried finding the factory on google maps using the address on the packaging but didn't have any luck. The address seems to be decoy! Closely guarded secret perhaps.

The metal tubes are exactly the same ones L'Occitane use for their Cade balm, which I tend to use throughout winter. The PdP balm is lighter and sinks in better so I prefer it for the Spring/Summer.

I got mine a couple of days ago as well - just the regular scent soap. It was certainly amazingly well packaged. The soap is really impressive - i suspect it will last a very long time (which is good as it won't be easy to replace). The scent is nice and herby, but the quality of the lather is very impressive indeed. My preference is usually a tallow + lanolin soap, but this rivals them - skin feels wonderful afterwards, which is one of my most important qualities in a soap.

Back
Top Bottom