Price of restored razors.

I guess If you find an all original NOS fatboy, it will be more expensive than a restored one.
Since old razors suffer from use and platings ware off, settings not up to spec any more among other maladies, then a restored vintage razor finished to as new condition will command a higher price than a fair condition original. It's up to you to decide which kind is for you. For myself, I have some vintage razors including two fatboys and two slims and I can attest to the fact that they all shave differently due to maybe wrong settings. The resored item is as close to as new condition as you can get without buying a NOS.

Why is it that restored razors are more expensive than good condition unrestored ones ? In the car world, the opposite is true. Original condition is everything.

Because many foolish people dump a boatload of cash into restoring one and when they try to sell it they are SOL as few if any will pay what they want.

I would only refinish say a family heirloom that I would never sell. Other than that, it's a money pit.

Back
Top Bottom