Razorock German 37 Slant Head

Received Razorock's German 37 Slant Head recently. The head is an exact copy, as far as I can tell, to the head on the Merkur 37c and the 39c. I use to use Merkur's 39c slant and enjoyed same but found the handle and the 2 piece design not to my preference. Razorock retail the head only; the head including shipping to the UK cost me £21.45. Paired with Weber's bulldog handle I welcome the increased agility and maneuverability.

image.jpeg

I am not sure this set-up offers much difference over the 37c, but it works well for me. The finish on the head is good rather than outstanding but in any event equal to Merkurs. Some have reported some tightness threading the head onto their handle but I found no issues. I think that the razor is now sold in the UK (Shavestation ?) with a 90mm SS bulldog handle at a good price.

Here's a comparison with the 39c (excuse the photo quality).

image.jpeg

Merkur's slant head design works great for me and for those that prefer a 3-piece design Razorock's copy is a welcome option.

I've just bought, but not yet used, the RR German 37. This is probably a dumb question, but does it matter which way round the top cap goes? I can't tell whether it is symmetrical or whether it has a right way round. I can't think it matters because if it did there would be some marking, but before I shred my face I thought I'd ask...

I've just bought, but not yet used, the RR German 37. This is probably a dumb question, but does it matter which way round the top cap goes? I can't tell whether it is symmetrical or whether it has a right way round. I can't think it matters because if it did there would be some marking, but before I shred my face I thought I'd ask...

...it does not matter...enjoy the razor and let us know your thoughts in due course...

Shaved this morning with the RazoRock German 37 slant. I was very careful and followed all the advice - no pressure, etc. It gives a really nice shave with no cuts or nicks and little-to-no irritation. Very pleased. But on the other hand it seems to me that many razors give a good shave and I can't clearly differentiate them. Maybe that will come with time and experience.

Anyway, I'll shave with the slant for a few weeks and see what happens. It looks like a beast but its bark is a lot worse than its bite.

Thanks as ever for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom