RazoRock Vs Fine (scent longevity)

Right so I know this is going to be a very subjective question and really down to personal opinion but ... How do your guys find RazoRock Aftershave compares to Fine in terms of the scent longevity?

At the moment I only have RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore and RazoRock Dead Sea. Whilst I do not really like the smell of the Dead Sea it does have staying power just like the Santa Maria Del Fiore. I can get pretty much a full day out of them before the scent has completely gone.

I am interested in picking up a Fine Aftershave but not sure how the longevity will compare. As it stands the only thing I know that will smell longer on me than the RazoRock is when I get white spirit on my hands.

How do you guys find they compare in that aspect? I only wear Aftershave and not Cologne so I like it last several hours. Fine have several scents I am looking to try but if the scent does not last then there is no point trying them.

I am looking to get Snakebite though which I know it has no scent just menthol. So that is the exception.

Cheers.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Great question as very few AS reviews mention longevity as a note. :rolleyes: ;)
I see lots of conflicting information. Some people saying that it lasts all day and then others saying the same product lasts only thirty minutes.

For example I read one guy that says American Blend lasts 8 hours but then customer reviews on shops saying it is gone in less than an hour.

So it is hard to a baseline.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Thirty minutes??!! That's piss poor longevity IMO. :(
It's an aftershave. Whilst they contain scent, they claim other proprties intended to (inter alia) soothe, moisturise and provide post-shave feel.

If longevity is important to you, then Eau de Parfums are probably better sought.

There's a tendency to look for qualities found in EdTs and EdPs and assume that if they're not found in after shaves, then the latter are lacking. They have totally different purposes, I'd argue.

It's an aftershave. Whilst they contain scent, they claim other proprties intended to (inter alia) soothe, moisturise and provide post-shave feel.

If longevity is important to you, then Eau de Parfums are probably better sought.

There's a tendency to look for qualities found in EdTs and EdPs and assume that if they're not found in after shaves, then the latter are lacking. They have totally different purposes, I'd argue.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. :rolleyes:

I have 4 of the fine aftershaves but the only one I've opened and tried so far is the fine platinum, it seemed to dull down a bit after half an hour and after an hour there wasn't much of a scent left.

Something I have discovered recently though with EDT's and EDP's is that if I spray them on my neck and wrists I don't smell them much after an hour or so but if I spray them in areas I tend to sweat more like on my back and my chest I find they project all day, when I sweat the fragrance gets stronger and projects all the more. Hope that helps you get a bit more longevity out of your colognes etc too !

I have 4 of the fine aftershaves but the only one I've opened and tried so far is the fine platinum, it seemed to dull down a bit after half an hour and after an hour there wasn't much of a scent left.

Something I have discovered recently though with EDT's and EDP's is that if I spray them on my neck and wrists I don't smell them much after an hour or so but if I spray them in areas I tend to sweat more like on my back and my chest I find they project all day, when I sweat the fragrance gets stronger and projects all the more. Hope that helps you get a bit more longevity out of your colognes etc too !
I think they probably smell stronger than we think. Our noses probably become accustomed to our scents over a period of time.

I think they probably smell stronger than we think. Our noses probably become accustomed to our scents over a period of time.
That is very true, you cannot smell on yourself what others smell on you. It was a tip I picked up online to spray them in areas you sweat to get more projection and I noticed a massive difference so to others it must be noticeable even more so

That is very true, you cannot smell on yourself what others smell on you. It was a tip I picked up online to spray them in areas you sweat to get more projection and I noticed a massive difference so to others it must be noticeable even more so
Definitely. The upper chest's a good place if you want the projection.

Back
Top Bottom