This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations for brush maker

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by Bailes90, Saturday March 31, 2018.

1. Bailes90

Bailes90

Hi there, does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced brush maker, preferably UK.
    Regards

2. Rufus

Rufus

Mervin Cadman is a UK-based artisan. If you want to go semi-custom shavemac in Germany has a configurator that allows you to to pick the shape and colour of the handle and size, quality and shape of the knot.

Bailes90 likes this.
  3. Bailes90

Bailes90

Superb how do I get hold of Mervyn Carman, is he a member here or have a website etc

4. Rufus

Rufus

Last edited: Saturday March 31, 2018
  5. dave79

dave79

Those Cadman brushes look awesome. If I ever get a ‘special’ brush it will be from this man!

6. If your after a wooden beauty then give @Steven_Jagger a go, love mine, it’s a beauty & very, very reasonable price.

Blademonkey likes this.
  7. +1 on shavemac but not cheap

8. bagman

bagman

Notsharp, a member here, makes superb brushes.

9. +1 for Steven Jagger, top workmanship at great prices. I have my second one comming back from his workshop very soon. P.

shaunwistow likes this.
  10. Always been a fan of Mervyn Cadman, but I had a HMW custom made brush last year and it's shedding,...Merv says,..."They do that sometimes",....I'm sorry to say that will be the last £160 I'll be donating to him, especialy as he was making me another brush and 10 months ago all he had to do was glue the knot in, that was the last I heard from him,...I guess he's a bit busy,.....(cough)