WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?

BBA Shave Butter - a brushless cream, for use as a preshave item or standalone shave media.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:

BBA Shave Butter is easy to apply, simply dispense from the tube to your finger tips, and work into the beard area ready to shave.

SCENT:
I didn't detect much in the way of scent here, but what was there was reminiscent of the rest of the range, light but pleasant.

PERFORMANCE:
When I first read the literature from BBA, I noted the shave butter and found the concept quite interesting. I then watch a couple of the videos that the BBA have produced, showing the butter in use, and again I felt the need to try the Shave Butter as it seemed to offer a couple of things I look for in a product that aren't always easy to come by (ease of use with a shavette type razor, and ease of use when travelling). Emma duly obliged and some shave butter made its way to me.

I tried the butter first of all with a DE razor as a stand alone medium, and it allowed a comfortable, close shave. I tried it as a preshave medium too, and found it worked very well indeed, particularly when allowed extra time to nourish the skin and bristles. I have also used it as a dedicated medium for use with a shavette. On the first use, I was quite conservative with the amount of Shave Butter used, and felt there was more to come from the Shave Butter, so on the second use with a shavette, I added more butter and got a much better shave.

The only criticism I could levy at the Shave Butter is the fact it clogs a closed comb DE razor quite quickly, but I expected this given the nature of the product. No big issue, you just need to ensure regular rinsing. With a shavette or open comb razor, this was not an issue as you can imagine.

The post shave feel after the butter is one to be admired. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, and that was a pleasant surprise indeed. No dryness or irritation was felt during any use of the Shave Butter. This is a key point for me.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Well, what do I say here? Did I like the Shave Butter? Yes I did. I liked the convenience of no brush needed. I liked the fact it gave a close and comfortable shave each and every time I used it. I liked the post shave feel very much indeed. I like the fact that I can say with confidence I have a product available to me that will travel well and take up less room in my toiletries bag. At £16 for 150ml (11p/ml rounded up) it represents good value in my eyes. You don't need an awful lot to get a great shave, and when you compare the price to a regular shave cream, it compares well given the performance matches up with a lathering cream. Factor in the convenience for travel, and it makes sense to have it in your collection.

580e1a17791b2.jpg

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?

BBA Shave Butter - a brushless cream, for use as a preshave item or standalone shave media.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:

BBA Shave Butter is easy to apply, simply dispense from the tube to your finger tips, and work into the beard area ready to shave.

SCENT:
I didn't detect much in the way of scent here, but what was there was reminiscent of the rest of the range, light but pleasant.

PERFORMANCE:
When I first read the literature from BBA, I noted the shave butter and found the concept quite interesting. I then watch a couple of the videos that the BBA have produced, showing the butter in use, and again I felt the need to try the Shave Butter as it seemed to offer a couple of things I look for in a product that aren't always easy to come by (ease of use with a shavette type razor, and ease of use when travelling). Emma duly obliged and some shave butter made its way to me.

I tried the butter first of all with a DE razor as a stand alone medium, and it allowed a comfortable, close shave. I tried it as a preshave medium too, and found it worked very well indeed, particularly when allowed extra time to nourish the skin and bristles. I have also used it as a dedicated medium for use with a shavette. On the first use, I was quite conservative with the amount of Shave Butter used, and felt there was more to come from the Shave Butter, so on the second use with a shavette, I added more butter and got a much better shave.

The only criticism I could levy at the Shave Butter is the fact it clogs a closed comb DE razor quite quickly, but I expected this given the nature of the product. No big issue, you just need to ensure regular rinsing. With a shavette or open comb razor, this was not an issue as you can imagine.

The post shave feel after the butter is one to be admired. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, and that was a pleasant surprise indeed. No dryness or irritation was felt during any use of the Shave Butter. This is a key point for me.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Well, what do I say here? Did I like the Shave Butter? Yes I did. I liked the convenience of no brush needed. I liked the fact it gave a close and comfortable shave each and every time I used it. I liked the post shave feel very much indeed. I like the fact that I can say with confidence I have a product available to me that will travel well and take up less room in my toiletries bag. At £16 for 150ml (11p/ml rounded up) it represents good value in my eyes. You don't need an awful lot to get a great shave, and when you compare the price to a regular shave cream, it compares well given the performance matches up with a lathering cream. Factor in the convenience for travel, and it makes sense to have it in your collection.

580e1a17791b2.jpg
I'm still yet to receive my shave butter but am looking forward to trying it when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom