Review - Palmolive Shaving Cream

Company: Colgate-Palmolive
Product: Palmolive Shaving Cream
Website -
Palmolive

I've seen this happen before a new shaving soap or cream comes on the market with the price around $100.00. All the wet shaving YouTubers jump at being the first one on the block to make a video about it. What really excites me is finding something that coast $3.00 that acts and performs like it's $100.00. Well I found one although it's not from the US this is a UK product called Palmolive Shaving Cream. This was possible due to my friend from the UK Leslie Asare he subscribes to my youtube channel and thought I would enjoy a few soaps and creams from the UK. This happened once before with my friend Melvin Hollenberg he gave me the shaving soap called De Vergulde Hand from the Netherlands another amazing shaving soap (that's) considered a staple and costs very little.

Palmolive shave cream comes in a squeezable tin like tube with a screw on top. If you have read some of my other articles you know that tubes like this are not my favorite but some people have pointed out some accessories you can purchase to make this more enjoyable for someone like me who hates the sight of bent and deformed tubes on the counter.

For me the scent of this cream is amazing they called it “Classic Care” some say a wintergreen with a hint of lemon and yes, I get that but it not a true wintergreen and I do smell the lemon on the end note. I think it's more on the Irish spring side and the reason I say this is Palmolive makes that product as well. The list of ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Silicate, Cocos Nucifera Extract, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Cl 15985, Cl 42051, Cl 45350, Cl 47005.

I bowl lather and Palmolive didn't let me down. I placed a small amount into the bowl wet my brush and rung out it's contents into it. In only 54 seconds I had created a lather that was able to penetrate and get right into my 5-day old bread. A rich thick creamy lather which the scent seemed to increase as well. What a surprise to find out how superior the sickness and glide is for this cream in a word outstanding. Another surprise was the menthol effect. whether it has it or not it feels like it does In fact, more than any other shave cream I've ever tried and because of this it moves to one that I'll reach for many times. Lastly my post shave feel was fantastic.

So, A great shave was had and it you can find it in the US give it a try but you'll probably pay more for it in the states. They also have a lemon shave cream which I would love to try. I've seen both in the US for around $7.00 - $8.00 if you're interested Try West Coast Shaving or Life and looks

Company: Colgate-Palmolive
Product: Palmolive Shaving Cream 100ml $3.00 – $4.00
Website - Palmolive

forMenPalmExtract.png Lather.jpg

You might be right the company is located in NY I guess depending one where you live they only release certain products. One thing is for sure you can always find everything online. (No Boarders)
That`s right. Colgate Palmolive is producing different products of the shaving cream in several countries. If you can, try the Italian menthol Palmolive shaving cream. Saw it on UK ebay, but the prize is high with postage. Maybe some UK vendors got it also in their shops?

I watched your video today so it's a nice coincident that you posted here! (Good video)

This is €1.80 a tube in Tescos.

You used double what I do and there really is no need to spread it in the bowl. It's very very easy to lather.

It's perhaps the cream which all others are measured by. Wonderful stuff and very cheap!

Fantastic review! Very in-depth.

Alas, my experience, over several times and different tubes (stick included) I can't like this product. Sub-par performance that's nothing to write home about :( I really want to like it, due to it's price and scent (love the toned down clean scent), but that performance is just hindering.

Great video, @Wet The Face ! :)

Palmolive Cream is the first product I started wet shaving with, so I'll always have a soft spot for it in my heart. :D Very reliable performance, and dirt cheap to boot (it retails for around 0.85 Euros [0.75 GBP / 0.95 USD] in Germany). The scent seems like it's something to be acquired for some gents, however. But not for me, I enjoy it!

You mention a "menthol effect" in your review, and while the Classic version doesn't contain any to my knowledge, there's a separate version with added menthol available. Like @Floid_Maniac said it's made in Italy, I believe - a truly international cream! (There's also a version from India in a red tube, but apparently that's just the green Classic in a different tube). It's similar in strength to the green Proraso in my experience.

Oh, and I agree with @Rhubarb - that's a big dollop in your bowl! I'd say even a third of that will get you far. No need to be shy with adding water, though.

Thanks for the reminder - I think I'll use this old faithful for my shave tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom