Rigid vs DE

Hey lads

Im looking at maybe getting the supply V2 razor. What are you opinions on how an injector blade performs vs a standard DE blade.

I always struggle with getting “bbs” under the chin neck area. I never seem to get smooth there unless i use my R41.
Do you think the more rigid blade would mow down the hairs better?

Really annoys me when i still feel stubble under there.

Also, what injector blades do you recommend.

And, do you feel a gem blade is more or less the same feel as an injector blade?

Hey lads

Im looking at maybe getting the supply V2 razor. What are you opinions on how an injector blade performs vs a standard DE blade.

I always struggle with getting “bbs” under the chin neck area. I never seem to get smooth there unless i use my R41.
Do you think the more rigid blade would mow down the hairs better?

Really annoys me when i still feel stubble under there.

Also, what injector blades do you recommend.

And, do you feel a gem blade is more or less the same feel as an injector blade?
More rigid is better imo, Gem blades are better imo, the supply razor however is very good. I would buy a British made Ever-ready 1912 and some gem blades at a fraction of the price of a V2. It is your money though so if it's a modern injector razor you want the Supply is good. :) P.

More rigid is better imo, Gem blades are better imo, the supply razor however is very good. I would buy a British made Ever-ready 1912 and some gem blades at a fraction of the price of a V2. It is your money though so if it's a modern injector razor you want the Supply is good. :) P.

Cheers Paul.

I will look into it. The supply razor has a money back guarantee...[emoji6]

Don't over look the Ever-Ready Streamline, it's very good indeed.
Don't overlook a $10-$20 1912, Shovelhead, Clog-Pruf etc.

There's almost (don't jump on me) unanimous agreement that vintage SEs shave as well as their fancy modern counterparts. Likewise a trimmed AC blade in my DeHaven or Mark Cross outperformed my Supply (which I thus sold along with my Hawk and General).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Don't overlook a $10-$20 1912, Shovelhead, Clog-Pruf etc.

There's almost (don't jump on me) unanimous agreement that vintage SEs shave as well as their fancy modern counterparts. Likewise a trimmed AC blade in my DeHaven or Mark Cross outperformed my Supply (which I thus sold along with my Hawk and General).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Agreed , vintage SE razor's rock! :)

...What are you opinions on how an injector blade performs vs a standard DE blade...

The injector system is clearly the better "mousetrap" as I commonly say. Its biggest hurdle is a paltry selection of new blades currently manufactured. However, that is not to say that a DE razor is worthless by any means. They are merely different through their inherent designs, but both will deliver outstanding shaves. It's just that the thicker/more rigid injector blade has an easier time of hacking through a beard and moreso one with more than one day's worth of growth. Another factor is that the injector is an easier transition from cartridge razors than is the DE razor for many.

I use both, but 95% of my shaving is done with the DE because I have so many blades and I am so used to using one. Either one however is farrrrrrrr better than any multi-bladed disposable!!!

So, if you are curious about an injector buy a cheap vintage Schick G Model on Ebay and a pack of the modern Chinese Schick blades and have at it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom