Romera's January sale.

Bit of a long shot but I was wondering if anybody who ordered from Gustavo during his January sale has actually received their brush(es). He aint the quickest, bless his little cotton socks.

Bit of a long shot but I was wondering if anybody who ordered from Gustavo during his January sale has actually received their brush(es). He aint the quickest, bless his little cotton socks.

I placed an order back in December. I've contacted him a couple of times to see where my order was. He did come back to me to say my brush would be ready in two weeks...that was four weeks ago.

I sent him a message (Saturday) asking to either sort my order out or send me a full refund. I also opened a PayPal dispute....He sent me a message this morning saying my brush was ready and he would send it this week.

I'm not going to get excited until I have it in my hands. I've kept the PayPal dispute open too. Not good.

I've heard of a few people that have had to threaten cancellation before actually receiving their brushes. It's a shame because his brushes are really rather good & very reasonably priced, especially with the 25% discount he offered in his January sale.

I agree it's not the best business practice but custom brushes are a very niche business and the artisans just get overwhelmed. Look at Florian at Wiborg. You can see how Brad Sears manages it by good communication channels and closing his order books.
I've had similar issues in the past with Gutavo but have always got the brushes in the end and tbh they are cracking performers...top notch.

I agree it's not the best business practice but custom brushes are a very niche business and the artisans just get overwhelmed. Look at Florian at Wiborg. You can see how Brad Sears manages it by good communication channels and closing his order books.
I've had similar issues in the past with Gutavo but have always got the brushes in the end and tbh they are cracking performers...top notch.
In my experience it's a bit more than that with Gustavo. He makes promises like telling you the brush is finished and will be posted that week and 2 weeks later it's still not posted and in the meantime he doesn't answer emails unless it's a PayPal claim. All he has to do is communicate accurately and honestly and in my experience with him he did neither.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I haven't visited this thread for a long time but when I last posted I had received my repaired Rustic Barber from Gustavo. Within a week the same flaking of the wood finish began again. I contacted him regarding this in July of 2016 and he asked me to return it for yet another repair , I did not agree to this and instead requested a new brush and I would send this defective brush back once the replacement arrived as the first repair job took nearly 2 months. He agreed and ever since , when he has bothered to reply to any emails I have sent he has given me excuse after excuse ranging from blaming family members for poor workmanship while helping him out in his shop , family relatives being in hospital and finally accusing me of tampering with the finish myself , presumably so I could wait months for the pleasure of a refund or replacement and in the meantime not have the use of the brush since every time it touched water more and more finish came off.

That was in July 2016 having initially ordered in March and receiving in May and here I am in nearly April 2017 and still no replacement and he ignores all emails except to occasionally insult me by giving me vague responses like "I will send soon" and more months pass by. The last time we spoke via email he said he could maybe make my brush when he gets his new supply of knots in , but he "doesn't know when that will be". All the while he is advertising new brushes on his website with the same spec knots that are required for my brush and he's advertising new individual knots and quoting when they will arrive! Does he think I'm stupid?
These are on the same social media platforms I have communicated with him on and he thinks I can't see the deceit in what he says to me privately compared to what he posts on public forums etc. He also claims that the emails I send him , the one's he doesn't answer are the reason the brush promised to be replaced in July for a 2nd time still isn't even on the lathe yet!

I think his intention is to string people along with excuses to then simply allow the PayPal claim expiry to run out and not resolve any issues and keep the money. It's basically theft. However I'm compiling what can only be described as a dossier on him and my experience and on Tuesday on the 1 year anniversary of ordering the brush I will post it online on all forums or communities I'm a member of to warn others who are considering giving their money to him in the future. I won't include the email evidence that paints Gustavo in a horrendous light and exposes him as a liar and a common thief but he is more than welcome to dispute any of my claims , which an honest man with nothing to hide would be demanded by his professional pride to do so but I doubt it because if he does I'll just post the timeline of emails that are irrefutable.

I told Gustavo I would not let this go and I won't until it is resolved to my satisfaction . I will post my experience with him after every public post he sends advertising his brushes so everyone knows what kind of "business" he is running.
*This is a copy/paste from my post on a thread on TSN today.

I haven't visited this thread for a long time but when I last posted I had received my repaired Rustic Barber from Gustavo. Within a week the same flaking of the wood finish began again. I contacted him regarding this in July of 2016 and he asked me to return it for yet another repair , I did not agree to this and instead requested a new brush and I would send this defective brush back once the replacement arrived as the first repair job took nearly 2 months. He agreed and ever since , when he has bothered to reply to any emails I have sent he has given me excuse after excuse ranging from blaming family members for poor workmanship while helping him out in his shop , family relatives being in hospital and finally accusing me of tampering with the finish myself , presumably so I could wait months for the pleasure of a refund or replacement and in the meantime not have the use of the brush since every time it touched water more and more finish came off.

That was in July 2016 having initially ordered in March and receiving in May and here I am in nearly April 2017 and still no replacement and he ignores all emails except to occasionally insult me by giving me vague responses like "I will send soon" and more months pass by. The last time we spoke via email he said he could maybe make my brush when he gets his new supply of knots in , but he "doesn't know when that will be". All the while he is advertising new brushes on his website with the same spec knots that are required for my brush and he's advertising new individual knots and quoting when they will arrive! Does he think I'm stupid?
These are on the same social media platforms I have communicated with him on and he thinks I can't see the deceit in what he says to me privately compared to what he posts on public forums etc. He also claims that the emails I send him , the one's he doesn't answer are the reason the brush promised to be replaced in July for a 2nd time still isn't even on the lathe yet!

I think his intention is to string people along with excuses to then simply allow the PayPal claim expiry to run out and not resolve any issues and keep the money. It's basically theft. However I'm compiling what can only be described as a dossier on him and my experience and on Tuesday on the 1 year anniversary of ordering the brush I will post it online on all forums or communities I'm a member of to warn others who are considering giving their money to him in the future. I won't include the email evidence that paints Gustavo in a horrendous light and exposes him as a liar and a common thief but he is more than welcome to dispute any of my claims , which an honest man with nothing to hide would be demanded by his professional pride to do so but I doubt it because if he does I'll just post the timeline of emails that are irrefutable.

I told Gustavo I would not let this go and I won't until it is resolved to my satisfaction . I will post my experience with him after every public post he sends advertising his brushes so everyone knows what kind of "business" he is running.
*This is a copy/paste from my post on a thread on TSN today.
Guess who won't be getting my business !!

Back
Top Bottom