Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Simpsons Vanilla & Rose

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • TOBS Rose

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cyril. R. Salter Wild Rose

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
I'm craving a rose cream... But the choice is bewildering!

I've read fantastic things about T&H rose but unfortunately its been discontinued which leaves the following:

1. Trumper Rose, I've never used a Trumper cream and the bright colour is really unpleasant.
  2. D.R Harris Rose, as above I find the colour to be a real issue.
  3. Simpsons vanilla & rose, apparently the vanilla is quite subtle?
  4. TOBS rose, better value than the above and apparently a "true rose" scent.
  5. Cyril R Salter wild rose, best value and fantastic rep for performance but how good is the scent?
My only experience of rose scented shaving products is with Klar & Dusy Kabinett which was pleasant enough from memory... I think I would prefer just a natural rose scent rather than a Cologny rose if that makes sense?

I've read fantastic things about T&H rose but unfortunately its been discontinued which leaves the following:

1. Trumper Rose, I've never used a Trumper cream and the bright colour is really unpleasant.
  5. Cyril R Salter wild rose, best value and fantastic rep for performance but how good is the scent?
My only experience of rose scented shaving products is with Klar & Dusy Kabinett which was pleasant enough from memory... I think I would prefer just a natural rose scent rather than a Cologny rose if that makes sense?
You may want to try the Rose of Bulgaria shave cream, it's got a great scent, it performs well and it's dirt cheap. P.

I've been a TOBS Rose cream user for years and it is a staple for me. I also like Trumper Rose, but the brilliant colour is a real turn off. I don't like Salter creams in general and I find Harris way too expensive. I haven't tried Rose of Bulgaria, but would if I could find it.

Ok i've used near on all rose shave creams on the market and some betas that never went out. at one point rose products were all I used lol.
So current available creams i'd stay that are my top3 are:
1# Cyril R Salter wild rose amazing performance and beautiful rose scent almost turkish delight but then its a rosewater rose as well. I love it
2# Simpsons vanilla & rose again stellar performance and the scent is to my nose a lil more powdery rose but again natural.
3# Rose of Bulgaria: Cheap as chips great performance that i'd put up against many top names and the scent is from real Bulgarian Rose absolute. Its just a lil less slick than the other two IMO..

https://www.truefittandhill.co.uk/p...fP6m6OSi9omH3ActgOdVFEEKvbeWzGssaAoNzEALw_wcB

Did you say it was discontinued?

Thanks for the input so far gents, I am looking for a cream really Steve... Nice to have a bit of variety as I only have soaps currently but thanks for the rec anyway, I do intend to try Eufros at some point.

Mem, I read on numerous sites they discontinued it due to lack of demand... Perhaps they just read this thread and got their act together :D Well, up 'till now its been a two horse race in my mind, TOBS & Salter but with T&H pulling a Lazarus that's made it more complicated.

I won't be deciding tonight anyway, let's see what tomorrow brings ;)

I've not had T&H in my rota for a while and from wha I can remember it is a great cream. But I don't think it is that much better for the price IMHO.

I've compared T&H to TOBS in the past and performance wise couldn't tell any difference, but my wallet could! If the scent isn't definitely better than the rest I'll strike it off the list along with Harris & Trumper. It was on a yank site I read how amazing it is, and without being rude... We know how prone to exaggeration they can be, bless 'em.

I've compared T&H to TOBS in the past and performance wise couldn't tell any difference, but my wallet could! If the scent isn't definitely better than the rest I'll strike it off the list along with Harris & Trumper. It was on a yank site I read how amazing it is, and without being rude... We know how prone to exaggeration they can be, bless 'em.
Its a shave cream! It won't make you a cuppa and wind the cat.....go with your gut lol....failing that buy them all do a comparison thread and PIF the ones you don't like whoop

Back
Top Bottom