Rugby Test matches down Southern.

Take nothing away from England it was a good win and test series, they defended well and Australia spent a hell of a lot of time in the England 22 and came away with nothing, now If New Zealand had spent that much time in Englands 22 make no bones about it they would have score many times.

Is that classed as damned with faint praise or grudging respect?

In readiness for my retirement party next week, we have been having quite a lot of work done in the garden - and it's taken a hammering with the rain the last couple of weeks. Having spent all day tidying up up, I was really happy for our friend's son to call and tell us he'd videod the match and would we like to go over, have a pub meal then back to watch with a bottle of wine.

Pub food was great, wine was opened, friend's mother put on TV but selected highlights - so that I knew the score within three minutes. I really don't know whether to post this in the good day or bad day thread.

Last edited:
Just enjoy it while you can, chaps. Over analysing is all too easy. It's a bloody massive series victory now bring on the 3-0 whitewash. Go on Engerland!

Yes, it's good progress, but the core of the side is the same - it's just so mystifying why English sides underperform so often.

Traditionally Southern hemisphere sides have generally been better, still pick players on form and treat them like men not schoolboys, Hartley being the casing point.

Listening to Lancaster as a radio co-pundit during Saracens' Euro final I'm not surprised they didn't really play for him when it counted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom