Runny Ingrams cream

Paul L

Chief GOW
I used Ingrams for the first time yesterday.
It squeezed from the tube like white goo, not at all like a cream.
Although it whipped up into a thick lather, I thought I would contact the manufacturer and ask them wit the deal is.
I received this reply email today. . . .

So it seems that they are aware of the situation.
Surely they could alter the formula to ensure a consistent product?

Hi Paul,

I too have encountered a very similar problem.
After all the hype I have read about this product I could not wait to give it a go.
I could have put half a tube into my bowl and still not obtain a lather of any description where as my similar priced Palmolive cream would knock spots off it.

Now I have read your concerns I may go and buy another because I do like the scent and it sounds like I have a bad tube.
Thanks for sharing,
Wayne

I'd be interested to hear the details of the "chemical reaction to 'sponification'." - it should also read 'saponification' but I allow for typos, generally speaking.

The only thing I can think of causing a runniness + inability to lather would be incorrect quantities of ingredients leading to an incomplete saponification. I know that this is usually aimed for at a rate of around 5% (superfatting or lye discount) but if it was at about 50% you'd have an exceptionally difficult to lather product and the potential for it to be exceptionally runny if starting materials are runny (e.g. palm oil, castor oil etc.). Any of the above or simply out-of-date chemicals.

I noticed the typo too, but the lady who replied to my email is probably an office clerk who has been told what to tell customers.
They most likely expect us to be blinded by long words and terminology etc, as after all, were only end users.

I took them up on their offer of "complimentary product"

Yep, like Peter said, came across this in the past and if my memory is correct we discussed it and some people were awarded like three tubes.
I finished my liquidy Ingram and dully got another from the same batch in our co-op chemist as I simply don't give a toss about cream consistency, the performance is there all the way.

Italian soap is soft, French soap is hard and English cream is liquid. All lather up fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom