S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th Febuary to Friday 17th Febuary 2017

SOTD: 11th Febuary 2017.

Shaving recipe for today.
A..JPG
Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my
face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Parker 24C.

Blade: Treet Platinum. (new)

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap: Erasmic Soap Bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Floid Mentolado Vigoroso A/S.

Bull Dog Original A/S Balm.

A new set up to start the weekend off,& first use of the Treet Platinium blades, of which i've had since last year when i first started DE shaving but haven't got round to trying them until now..anyway back to the shave,& the Bull Dog A/S balm. Firstly another excellent razor/blade combo..the Treet's are smooth & sharp, not quite in my usual russian blade choice, but hey!,they perform quite well and seem to be suited to my skin type...

A nice smooth 3 pass + pick ups with no errors to report, i had to do slightly more work on the pick up pass to get a silky smooth finish, but this isn't a problem to me because i actually like shaving..finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Floid A/S and a good dollop of Bull Dog A/S balm which has left my skin super smooth & hydrated.Feeling refreshed for the start of the weekend.Enjoy you day,gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
DSC_0328_zpsa1z9odqp.jpg

DSC_0566_zpsgackslah.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Friodur Henckels Solingen Stainless Steel 7/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Phoenix & Beau Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I had an Early Morning Shave this Morning with My Friodur 7/8th..This is a Crazy Sharp SR but Very Smooth on the Face..This Razor has a Slight Factory Smiling Blade & Subtlety Curved Spine which is Quite Unusual for a Square Point Type Design SR in My Experience..It Can be Seen More Clearly in the Top Pic with a Keen Eye..These Friodur Solingen SRs are Almighty Shavers..The Engineering & Grind Quality is 2nd to None..:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:eek:

Billy

image.jpg SOTD Feb 11th 2017

Razor ATT M2
Blade Perma-Sharp Super #2
Soap..OSP Barber Shop
Brush..Omega 48
Post.. Thayers lavender AF witch hazel
EDT..Touch Burbrry

After my close shave with the Pal adjustable yesterday I only needed a touch up today so the M2 with the very good Perma-Sharp blade was just the ticket. Quite impressed with these blades, as good as the other blades comming out of St Petersburg .

Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
ATT SE1 Atlas
Feather pro (2)
Razorock plissoft Bruce
Saponificio varesino 70th
Lucky tiger , Nivea ASB
Jaguar prestige A/S
View attachment 23519
The razor and blade gave me the shave I was after, smooth with no irritation.

Wishing you well over the weekend

Regards Pat
Great photo Pat,and a very classy shave set up.;)

Morning,

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap and Village Barber Shaving Oil.
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96.
Blade - Gillette Nacet Platinum (day 1) - first time with this blade.
Soap - Executive Shaving Bay Rum Natural Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger Hair Shaving Brush.
Post shave - Trumper's Alum block - cold water rinse - Myrsol "Plastic Shave" After Shave Massage and organic aloe vera.

Decided to give the Gillette Nacet a try, after seeing range of positive posts here. First impression a decent blade, perhaps not as smooth as the Astra SP or the Gillette silver blues. Going to give the Nacet's a try for a few weeks.

Went for a three pass shave today. Applied Alum block post shave to see how my skin reacted, no hints of any trouble, no burn sensation from the alum!

Skin feels excellent, smooth and fresh, no issues!

Have a great Saturday. Chris, sat-11-feb-shave.JPG

Morning,

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Musgo Real Classic Glycerin Oil Soap and Village Barber Shaving Oil.
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96.
Blade - Gillette Nacet Platinum (day 1) - first time with this blade.
Soap - Executive Shaving Bay Rum Natural Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger Hair Shaving Brush.
Post shave - Trumper's Alum block - cold water rinse - Myrsol "Plastic Shave" After Shave Massage and organic aloe vera.

Decided to give the Gillette Nacet a try, after seeing range of positive posts here. First impression a decent blade, perhaps not as smooth as the Astra SP or the Gillette silver blues. Going to give the Nacet's a try for a few weeks.

Went for a three pass shave today. Applied Alum block post shave to see how my skin reacted, no hints of any trouble, no burn sensation from the alum!

Skin feels excellent, smooth and fresh, no issues!

Have a great Saturday. Chris, View attachment 23521
Are those NOS Nancets ? Unusual packaging, not seen those before, or is that a new package design ? :)

View attachment 23517 SOTD Feb 11th 2017

Razor ATT M2
Blade Perma-Sharp Super #2
Soap..OSP Barber Shop
Brush..Omega 48
Post.. Thayers lavender AF witch hazel
EDT..Touch Burbrry

After my close shave with the Pal adjustable yesterday I only needed a touch up today so the M2 with the very good Perma-Sharp blade was just the ticket. Quite impressed with these blades, as good as the other blades comming out of St Petersburg .

Have a great weekend.
Welcome back, Paul.

Saturday...

Everything's gone green:

Pre-shave and soap - Proraso M&E
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1914 (U.S.)
Blade - Gem Personna w/full shim
Post - Thayer's and Proraso M&E a/s

Not a bad shave today. The modern blades tend to move around in my old 1914. Even a half shim, although an improvement, didn't completely cure it. So, an entire spine from a discarded Gem did the trick.

The shave was ok. I felt I had to work a bit harder to get a smooth result; nothing critical though. If I had to choose between the 1914 and the 1924, I'd go for the latter; no shim necessary and a smooth, close result. I think the 1924 patent was supposed to be an improvement on the 'lather catcher'; that seems to be the case here. That said, the 1914's a keeper; even if just to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Fergiebilly shim (doffs hat in thanks).

All in all, DFS. No irritation. The Proraso trio did the business too.

Happy Saturday, y'all. Back to CNN for more reports of madness from the West Wing...
20170211_114237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom