S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th March to Friday 24th March 2017

SOTD: 18th March 2017.
A.S.S. 2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Dove-Cool Fresh body & face wash / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.

Blade: Gillette 7'oclock Sharpedge. (0)

Razor: Ideal Russsian Adjustable (setting 7).

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut Attraction totale A/S.

Tesco Body Lotion.

Greetings,
first and formost, my faith in Erasmic shaving products has been totally restored, after last weekends drama with the Erasmic shave stick..today the performance of the newly opened Erasmic soap bowl was excellent, and provided me with a excellent rich creamy slick lather..i'm now convinced that the shave stick had gone off and it's properties had retarded...i still however won't be in a hurry to purchase another...
A wonderful 3 pass +pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.A partly "russian made product shave" blade/razor duo which worked wonderfully together,finishing the shave off with my favourite of all the Brut A/S splashes,Attraction Totale.Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
1uyA9lkh.jpg

Today's soap & scent combo!

DSC_0643_zpsw0petaaj.jpg

DSC_0448_zps7jtpyilf.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Henckels Friodur Solingen Full Hollow 7/8th
Kent Pure Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had an Early Mornung Shave with My Friodur 7/8th Finished on My Arkie Translucent Stone..The Friodur Took a Very Keen & Smooth Edge & is a Very Comfortable Shaver..I Had a Cracking Close Shave this Morning..:)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

image.jpg SOTD 18th March

Razor..Solingen Cowboy 6/8ths
Soap..Meissner - Tremonia... Dark Limes
Brush..Cadman bell TGN silvertip
Post..Thayers lavender
A/S..Extro Bay Rum

Time, I thought to bring the Cowboy out to play, and I'm pleased I did.
The M-T Dark Limes Soap was great in both scent and protection and I ended up with a great finnish, the Cowboy bought from @Fergiebilly a while back is a joy to shave with and with a splash of Extro bay Rum I shouted Ye-Har and slipped back into the saddle. :)

Y'all have a nice day now.....:)

Last edited:
Greetings

Saturday 18th March 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Lea Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Bentley Intense Men

This is my first use of this newly acquired Plisson brush and I am absolutely smitten by it, I find that for me it is the perfect knot and certainly the best of all the synthetics I have tried to date, it flexes easily but could never be described as floppy, the knot is a little bigger than the L'Occitane version and seems a little less dense so it lathers better and holds more lather. The price is sadly "Plisson Silly" but I've accepted that.

Many thanks to James (Lucido) for telling me all about this brush, I had been hovering for some time, he pushed me over the edge!:D

Regards
Dick.

18.3.17.JPG

View attachment 24196 SOTD 18th March

Soap..Meissner - Tremonia Dark Limes
Post..Thayers lavender
A/S..Extro Bay Rum

The M-T Dark Limes Soap was great in both scent and protection and I ended up with a great finnish, the Cowboy bought from @Fergiebilly a while back is a joy to shave with and with a splash of Extro bay Rum I shouted Ye-Har and slipped back into the saddle. :)

Great looking razor sonny!

View attachment 24196 SOTD 18th March

Soap..Meissner - Tremonia... Dark Limes
Post..Thayers lavender
A/S..Extro Bay Rum

I love the razor.... if you ever feel you want to move it on then please let me know ;)

ATT SE1 Atlas
Feather pro (5)
Semogue o c
Stirling bay rum sample
Thayers wh , Dove ASB
Boots bay rum
2017-03-18 09.58.16.jpg
Nice smooth Saturday shave.
The Stirling bay rum sample was kindly sent to me by Michael (@Shave to the grave ) to try . Thanks mate !..
Great lather and a wonderful scent.I forgot that I had a bottle of the Boots bay rum hair tonic, so gave myself a splash to finish the job off.

ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY GENTS

ATT SE1 Atlas
Feather pro (5)
Semogue o c
Stirling bay rum sample
Thayers wh , Dove ASB
Boots bay rum
View attachment 24201
Nice smooth Saturday shave.
The Stirling bay rum sample was kindly sent to me by Michael (@Shave to the grave ) to try . Thanks mate !..
Great lather and a wonderful scent.I forgot that I had a bottle of the Boots bay rum hair tonic, so gave myself a splash to finish the job off.

ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY GENTS
Great picture and well done to Michael, top bloke. :)

Good morning weekend!

Razorock 24mm synth.
Fine Santal Absolute soap.
Homemade peppermint and cedarwood pre-shave.
MFG Holley Co., Lakeville 6/8 near-wedge.
Cold/alum/cold.
Fine Snakebite.
Shower.
Tabac EDC.

IMG_4062_zpsyqebkvfx.jpg

A decent maiden voyage for this chunky, freshly-honed beauty. She's quite different to any of my other razors and requires a bit more hands-on time I feel. The silence; she buffets down the hair with ease. That being said, probably due to my inexperience, I'm still a little stubbly in places. Next to my Adam's apple is the usual perp. I was at a loss as to what soap to use today, sifting through my box of goodies I settled on one of 'the Sandalwoods'. I gave Fine another go and enjoyed every minute of using it. Soft, silky, easy to lather, smells great and earthy. Next sandalwood outing I think I'll be going for the Nanny's Silly Soap option! A smidge of irritation but nothing to shout home about. The Tabac EDC is old-fashioned smelling and I love it! I described it to the OH as 'soapy, spicy and nicey', so let's see what she says when she returns (Edit: I'm not in the dog-house, she's gone shoe shopping)! Also worth noting, it was my first 'all cold' shave, with cold water prep, cold water between passes (of which there were 2) and cold water to finish up. Finished with a nice chill from the Fine Snakebite and my neck and face still felt cold after the shower! The joys of menthol.

All in all, need more hands on time with this old, chunky beauty. My neck feels lovely and smooth with the grain but positively stubbly in places against it - I'll work out how to sort this out in due course! I'll probably be going back to basics and working on my angle again before too long!

Have a good weekend chaps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom