S.O.T.D. Saturday 21th January to Friday 27th January 2017

718755.jpg

pre Shower

brush Razorock pilsosft 22mm
soap TOBS
blade Ladas super stainless
razor Gillette slim adjustable

post Alum block

first run out of my newly acquired Gillette slim adjustable. I started on number 1 setting

Last edited:
SOTD: 21st January 2017.
A.Sat shave.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Ideal- Russian Adjustable (setting No:5) .

Blade: Rapira Super Stainless .(new)

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

soap: Tabac.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Proraso Sandalwood A/S.

Morrisons Enrich Intensive Moisture Lotion.

A new set up to start the weekend..The Russian razor/blade combo worked incredibly good.those russian blades are really suited to my skin type.Another wonderful 3 pass +pick up silky smooth shave with no errors to report..Feeling refreshed to start the weekend.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
1YOWSdvh.jpg

Second shave with the B&M Cheshire soap this morning & I have to say that I am rather pleased with it. Now, I don't drink tea, but I do recognise that distinctive Earl Grey scent when you first unscrew the lid, buts for me it's the bergamot that stands out.

Performance-wise, this is definitely one of the best soaps I have tried & my skin feels pretty darn good afterwards.

Saturday...

Soap - OSP Neroli
Brush - Omega 10800 boar
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 'Streamline'
Blade - Gem Personna #1
Post - Alum, Thayer's and Floïd MV a/s

Very close shave today. A little bit rough on the upper lip, resulting in a couple of weepers; but being a dedicated cold water shaver, they didn't amount to much. The alum indicated a very close shave. I'm continually impressed by this 1912 variant; it has lovely weight and balance, giving great results each time. Complemented by the OSP Neroli, which needs no further recommendations from me.
20170121_110648.jpg

New week, new razor.

Pre-shave - Lovely hot shower
Cream - Nivea mild shaving cream
Razor - Merkur 25c
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - Muhle HJM synthetic brush
Post-Shave - La Toja aftershave lotion

21 jan 17.jpg

First shave with an OC razor. Good close shave but felt very aware that it was an open comb razor albeit a mild one.

Sat 21st Jan

Omega 11137 boar
Faena Sandalwood
Supply S/S SE- 3dot plate
Schick NOS [ 9- Sweden]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Of the current raft of modern SE Razors, the Supply is one that is Schick/Personna powered. As a consequence it
has a smaller head than the Feather AC powered ones , but it quite hefty at around 110gms. However, I like the weight ,and as it smooths so smoothly I am able to get rid of my strong beard, without any irritation even if I overshave a little. Really good at dealing with those stubborn areas on the neck.

IMG_1121.jpg

15802305_1877876419110308_1042705454016233472_n.jpg

Brush: MDMMen Cadman 26mm synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Soap: Faena Rose
A/S: Myrsol Plastic

Haven't given this soap a run out for a long time, and when I have my lather has always seemed a little underwhelming. Overloaded and that seemed to clear up the issues, made for a great lather. I know it's not a masculine scent per se but I do love a bit of rose. A great shave with the 6S and a Personna Lab Blues on its second use. Topped off with some Thayers Rose Petal witch hazel, Geo F Trumper's Coral Skin Food and Myrsol Plastic

359944db38cd1bdd53d12478103af9b1.jpg

Tonight's special is the deconstructed Darwin Deluxe. It goes lovely with some Bergamot & Bay and washed down with some Floïd Blue

Cold River Soapworks Bergamot & Bay Soap
Tom White Custom Aluminium Rubberset 400 26mm Manchurian Fan
Darwin Deluxe
Personna 74(30)
Floïd Blue

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom