S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th Febuary to Friday 3rd March 2017

SOTD: 25th March 2017.
A1.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1438.

Cream : Palmolive Classic .

Blade: Derby Extra. (new)

Razor: Muhle R41.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut A/S.

Morrisons Enrich Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Good Morning,
another early start for me..last week i had a little clearing of my shaving den, and put aside some of the creams i haven't gave much attention to for a while..so this week's SOTD are going to be Creams only week...I've started with Palmolive "classic" which was my first shaving cream i introduced myself to DE shaving in 2016...this morning performance was outstanding, the R41/Derby Extra duo worked excellently,a 3 pass silky + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..finishing the shave off with a generous helping of Brut A/S.
My face feels clean smooth & refreshed.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
View attachment 23764

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Good Morning,
another early start for me..last week i i had a little clearing of my shaving den, and put aside some of the creams i haven't gave much attention for a while..so this week's SOTD are going to be Creams only week...I've started with Palmolive "classic" which was my first shaving cream i introduced myself to DE shaving in 2016...this morning performance was outstanding, the R41/Derby Extra duo worked excellently,a 3 pass silky + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..finishing the shave off with a generous helping of Brut A/S.

Morning PF,+ 1 on the Brut an old school classic. ;)

View attachment 23764

Pre:

Good Morning,
another early start for me..last week i i had a little clearing of my shaving den, and put aside some of the creams i haven't gave much attention for a while..so this week's SOTD are going to be Creams only week...I've started with Palmolive "classic" which was my first shaving cream i introduced myself to DE shaving in 2016...this morning performance was outstanding, the R41/Derby Extra duo worked excellently,a 3 pass silky + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..finishing the shave off with a generous helping of Brut A/S.

Repeating this shave a month hence? [emoji106]

QPqme2.jpg

Brush: Rod Neep #1810 - Short Retro Deluxe
Razor: Hone Type 15
Soap: Stirling Mountain Man

Giving the brush another run out, very impressed yesterday. Made a good lather and same again today. I loved Aventus and Aventus clones but since sampling Silver Mountain Water and its clones, it is number one for me currently. When clones like Al Rehab Silver smell so good (and have fantastic longevity) I can see me paying 20x as much for the real thing.
Much nicer shave today, Ladas blade with the Hone. Felt smoother than the Treet Carbon.

Last edited:
Sat 25th Feb
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Speick Active
PAL Injecto-Matic - red handle one
Schick "Chick" [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Used the second of my "Bargain" multi-buys, after avoiding bloodshed with the Streamline. Again using one of my
favourites the PAL Injecto-Matic, which delivered the usual smooth and comfortable shave that I associate with it,
and the PAL Adjustable. Have now made up my mind, and it will be the Injecto-Matic that I will be using as Travel
Razor next week ,when we go to visit my Son and his wife who are in Jordan.

Have put my "Streamline" collection in a safety deposit box whilst we are away, made this decision seeing the
silly prices being asked on the Bay.;):). Have a nice weekend , I am hoping the Rugby is good.

IMG_1180.jpg

DSC_0594_zpsmedih2ng.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Japanese Hamilton Swedish Steel 1/2 Hollow 6/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
WARS Shaving Cream
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Very Close Shave with My Japanese Hamilton 6/8th this Morning..This Razor has a Laser Like Edge & is as Quiet as a Ninja..These Japanese Swedish Steel SRs take Very Sharp & Smooth Edge..Cracking Shave..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom