Blade- Polsilver Super Iridium
Soap- MDC Fougere
Brush- Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest
EDT- Penhaligon's English Fern

57552858f37cd073bb888031bab83820.jpg

SOTD: 31st December 2016.
A.Sat shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Peppermint & Eucalyptus shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Bloom water face wash.

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Jagen David B30.

Blade: Personna (yellow) .(new)

Brush: Omega S brush S10065 .

Soap: Erasmic Soap bowl+ 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./ Tesco Sensitive Fragrance Free Body Lotion.

David Beckham Instinct Aftershave.

Last shave of 2016, i thought i would use my first DE razor,blades, that i started with in April this year, along with one my first soap's ,which i still consider a great one, for it's performance,protection & slickness..mixed opinion's..i imagine,but it works for me.so i'll keep on using it..the personna blades i have not used for a while, today they performed excellently giving me a easy 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

I'm ready for what the 2016 new years eve has to offer.Have a Happy new year..wishing you all Peace Happiness,and Contentedness for 2017. :cool:

IMG_0845.JPG Shave with my second try at honing.

Progression:
Naniwa chosira 1 k
Naniwa Super stone 3k
Naniwa speciality stone 5k
Naniwa super stone 10k

Used for the shave:
SWK xl scuttle
Semogue LE 2 band
Lark
Dr Harris a Windsor
Pinaud clubman
Prep asb

Shave was somewhat beter then the first one, still far away for the kind of sharpness I like.

Will try if the Welsh slate will bring some sharpness. Otherwise I will go back to restart from the beginning, because of the stabilizer at the heel I find it still difficult to get it sharp there.

Second shave with the B-V3 yesterday. I flit between daily shaving and every other day/couple of days. I wanted to see how I would get on with it as a next day shave. I opted for the mild comb this time. Very similar set up to the previous shave, just a change of brush, still Shavmac, but the ATG LE Unique Bulb and a different scent of 1912, Club Cola. No picture as it would look very similar to the first!

The shave was good, but not as revolutionary as the first. I think I was a little cavalier with it this time as I had such a good shave with it the day before. Because I had less growth to work through, even though I used the mild comb, I felt the blade a little more and had a couple of small weepers, under my nose and just on the jawline. The result was still a very good two pass shave, it wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first, but still a very good shave. I may have another shave today using the NOTSO comb just to see the difference and be a little less cavalier in the process, if not it'll likely be tomorrow evening.

It's great to be able to experience a razor like this, hand made and wonderfully executed.

SOTD 20161231

45OGrYE.jpg

Brush: custom finest 2-band.
Shaving soap: Scheermonnik "Confijter".
Razor: iKon El Jefe / custom aluminum handle.
Blade: Feather Professional (5).
After shave: Hugo Boss ASB.

The brush whips up a nice thick lather with a lovely scent.
The El Jefe is a terrific shaver - smooth in no time.
Finished with this nice ASB.

Result: DFS+++

Have a very pleasant Year End, gentlemen ! :)

Back
Top Bottom