Prep....Shower
Razor....Gillette Asylum razor 1952
Blade....Personna 74 #13
Soap....MWF
Brush.....Semouge 1305
Post....BBA post shave balm
Smell....Club de nuit intense man
Meds....various

Razor kindly lent to me by @Wayne Pritchard , thanks Wayne :)

A very smooth and mild shave was given by this razor and with a few touch ups I was left as smooth as I like to be, I got a real kick out of using this razor simply because of the history that it came with and I could imagine the asylum inmate being given this to shave with after the blade had been locked in place and the key taken away. Fantastic !
I must go now I can hear nurse Ratched calling "medication time" over the tannoy! :)

Have a great weekend people.......:)

View attachment 25692 S.O.T.D. 3rd June.
One flew over the cuckoos nest.

Prep....Shower
Razor....Gillette Asylum razor 1952
Blade....Personna 74 #13
Soap....MWF
Brush.....Semouge 1305
Post....BBA post shave balm
Smell....Club de nuit intense man
Meds....various

Razor kindly lent to me by @Wayne Pritchard , thanks Wayne :)

A very smooth and mild shave was given by this razor and with a few touch ups I was left as smooth as I like to be, I got a real kick out of using this razor simply because of the history that it came with and I could imagine the asylum inmate being given this to shave with after the blade had been locked in place and the key taken away. Fantastic !
I must go now I can hear nurse Ratched calling "medication time" over the tannoy! :)

Have a great weekend people.......:)

images.jpg :eek:

SOTD_20170603-1024x729.png

• Pre-Shave: Proraso - White - Cream
  • Safety Razor: Above The Tie - Atlas M1
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Meißner - Salty Sea Sage
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Meißner - Wild Oranges - Balm
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Eau du Kashmir

SOTD:3rd June 2017.
A.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Frank Shaving Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Vitos Red.

Blade: Treet Platinum. (0)

Razor: Parker 48R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Thayers~Rose Petal & Aloe Vera Witch Hazel/Trufitt & Hill~Sandalwood Cologne.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend..let me start by saying i had all intentions of using my parker 65R today, but i didn't relise until after i had taken the photo for my SOTD, i had chosen my 48R instead..not to worry, I'll use my 65R, in another set up...

Anyway, back to the shave.. It's the first time use of the Vitos Red Soap, & the Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Cologne..both kindly gifted to me by @AnthH ..The verdict?...

Absolutely brilliant,... The 48R/Treet Platinum paired up wonderfully,a great Indian product duo, the vitos red i found a sheer pleasure to shave with,if i didn't have such a vast amount of Soaps & creams to contend with, i would buy some now!..The post shave feeling is probably one of the best i've had to date..Superb.;)

A wonderful effortless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...
Finishing the shave off with the shave off with the Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Cologne Sample, of which i have to say is one of the best Sandalwood fragrances, that i've had the pleasure of wearing.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

I'm ready for what the start of the weekend has to offer.

Enjoy your day ,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Saturday Morning

IMG_4631.jpg

Newly acquired Thomas Clipper SS DE - beautifully hefty and makes a nice 'click' when tightening down as the blade flexes into place. Used a fresh Astra platinum blade, as loaned by @nolisco, who also provided me with the heavenly-scented soap. I do feel for him that it doesn't agree with him, as it really does make for a lovely smelling shave. A nice, shiny, sheeny lather was easy to obtain with my Midas silvertip - it is still shedding some hairs though (about 6 or so per shave/dry-down) so I will be looking more closely at a knot replacement... I do like the hybrid-fan of the Maseto brush I own, so I'll probably veer towards something similar. The soap's slickness is decent but the glide/cushion leaves a little to be desired, in my non-expert opinion. I could certainly feel the blade of this medium-aggressive razor but it was very easy to manoeuvre, so the cushion wasn't too sorely missed. The heft of this razor gave it some definite 'mowing' ability. It whispered its way through the 2-and-a-bit day old stubble which was the focus of today. Neck pass only, x2 with a couple of very minor touch ups. One ever so slight blood spot but it sealed itself shut by the time I was done. Post-shave for this soap, again, leaves a little to be desired but isn't overly offensive - I reached for about 2 drops of argan oil and that's certainly done the trick. I'm 99.9% smooth, one of the best shaves I've had to date. Irritation free, worry free. In short, I'm not much of a magpie/I prefer black razors but by jove this is a good'un! Very pleased with this acquisition.

Hope your weekends go smoothly, chaps!

Saturday shave

Nivea Men Active Wash
Proraso Red Pre Shave
DE89L/ASTRA SP (1)
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir

Three passes without any mishaps.
The Astra SP performed faultlessly with the DE89L, and the No10 cream was a pleasure to use as usual.
Finished off with the Boots No7 again today, I really like how it absorbs quickly and is non greasy.
A few sprays of Kouros, and I'm not only clean shaven but smelling good too.

Have a good weekend guys

Back
Top Bottom