S.O.T.D. Saturday 6th May to Friday 12th May 2017

SOTD:6th May 2017.
A 1.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien~Men: Tropical blast Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream .

Brush: Franks Shaving-20mm Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Proraso Euc/Mnthol.(sample size)

Blade: Derby Extra .(0)

Razor: Parker 48R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Proraso Euc/Mnthol A/S.

Morrisons Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,

A fresh set up to start the weekend, which i'm making a "creams only" shave week..i thought it was about time to start giving my shaving creams & certain blades more attention...,Mainly my "Derby extras",..i personally favour them..each to their own opinion.... it's also, the maiden shave using three new items in my growing shaving den , which are ,new ceramic mixing bowl.bought from home bargains yesterday, a Parker 48R & a Franks Shaving synthetic brush...The verdict on all three?..Absolutely superb!,.....the bowl is excellent, whip's up a lather in no time... The 48R & a 22R arrived yesterday afternoon,which was kindly brought to me by a friend....

I have another other three synthetic brushes two unbranded Chinese (1 i bought, the other passed on to me by a mate) and a Omega S Brush, which all perform excellently, but if i was to compare which is the best, then my new FS synthetic would go to the number one spot...I'm really pleased that i bought it... A wonderful addition to my shaving den..

I gave it a quick wash with vosene shampoo before i used it to take out any lingering nasties in the brush fibres, a good warm water rinse, then straight into the mixing bowl, to create a wonderful outstanding lather, which was more than anough for my shave..I won't be so generous with my shaving cream dollop on the next shave.

The 48R/Derby Extra blade', the mid-aggressive razor /non aggressive blade combo worked well together,..resulting in a 3 pass+pickups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off in style with a generous splash of Proraso Green.

My face is feeling smooth, fresh and smelling devine.

Enjoy the start of the weekend,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 06 May 2017

Brush: - Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Cream/Soap: - Tabac
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General" SE with iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #13
Post: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Tabac Aftershave Splash & Balm
Fragrance: - Tabac Cologne

SOTD_20170506-1024x682.png

• Pre-Shave: Proraso - Red - Cream
  • Straight Razor: Jean A Paris
  • Shaving Brush: Black Wolf (Wolf Whiskers) (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger - ND46
  • Shaving Cream: Proraso - Red
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Proraso - Red - Lotion
  • Fragrance: Proraso - Wood And Spice - Cologne

image.jpg SOTD 6th May

Razor....Southern Richardson 6/8ths " The Swiftsure"
Soap....Figaro P.160 Tallow NOS
Brush....Omega 21762 Boar
Pre....BBA Face wash / Shave oil
Post....BBA Post shave balm
EDP....Choco Musk by Al Rehab

A fine shave was had from my singing razor, The Swiftsure. Fab slide and protection from the beautiful creamy lather of the P.160 plus Shave oil, I really love this soap, I wish I had bought more.......I finnished the shave with the BBA post shave balm which leaves my skin feeling soft and supple.
It's cold and wet outside so I pulled out the Choco Musk EDP, a warm scent with notes of white musk, milk chocolate , vanilla, cinnamon, rose sandalwood ,myrrh, amber and spices.....perfect for a day like today.

Wishing you all a relaxing weekend.......:)

Last edited:
Morning, Saturday's shave.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap, followed by BBA Pre Shave/Beard Oil.
Razor - Hone 15.
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (day 3).
Soap - Executive Shaving Bay Rum Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - DR Harris Skin Tonic , followed by L'Occtitane Cedrat Aftershave Balm.

Enjoyable shave, nice and relaxed, gave myself plenty of time. The Hone 15 for me is a great razor, I love the look and feel of the razor. I'm getting lazy, by always loading the Hone and not switching to another razor in my rotation :)

All the best, have a great weekend,

Chris

Saturday 6th May
Zenith 506U TS
OSP Sandalwood
GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
GEM SSC #1
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Blue Stratos A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
Z49Y7Bh.jpg

I read lately that the Clog Pruf had fallen out of love. But I have noticed I'm not the only one to have it in regular rotation. I always get a close result with it, plus I love the mechanics and retro design.

Good shaves!!!

Back
Top Bottom