S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th October to Friday 13th October 2017

SOTD: 7th October 2017.
A.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 830 .

Face Lather.

Soap : Tabac .

Blade: Shark Super Stainless . (1)

Razor: Muhle R41head with Parker 24C handle .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lavender+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Tabac ~ A/S.

Morrisons ~ Aloe Moisture Lotion .

Greetings,

Another early morning start for me,needs must again...unfortunately.

A new set up to start the weekend, it's been a considerable amount of time since i last used my Tabac soap & Aftershave duo, it's also the maiden shave with the frankenrazor created & inspired to try by @thegallus1 i've paired it up a Shark Super stainless blade, as he did in his shave.The verdict?..

Absolutely superb!...The 24C handle is a excellent combo with the R41 head, making this German/Indian duo frankenrazor a smooth well balenced efficient lady, which paired together very nicely with the Egyptian non-aggressive shark super stainless blade.

A effortless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling 'Old School' devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt171007.jpg

- Castle Forbes Cedarwood/Sandalwood
- Semogue 1800
- Timor CC with Windrose handle and Feather blade
- Myrsol Agua Balsamica aftershave

:D

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Leresche 34
Blade: Treet Black Beauty
IMG_20171007_083705.jpg

After using the hefty Cobra for the last few days, the aluminium Leresche felt like a toy in my hand.
It doesn't shave like a toy that's for sure, smoothly efficient, resulting in a great Saturday morning shave.
Have a great weekend everyone.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Saturday 7th October

Prep....Shower ~ Birch tar soap
Razor....Gem MMOC
Blade....Gem Stainless
Soap....SV ~ Cosmo
Brush....Razorock ~ Big Bruce
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Roja Amber Aoud .....oil from Mr Perfume

An OC Shave for October and very good it was too, clean N close.
The SV Cosmio soap produced a great lather on my face with the help of Big Bruce and was left as smooth as i would expect from a great razor, blade and soap.
Finnishing off with the BBA PSB followed by a few dabs of this new to me perfume oil, it is nothing short of fantastic, good choice @Benz3ne . :)

Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing........:)

Last edited:
Morning gentlemen!
Some seriously nice picture/posts gone up this morning I see, good start to the sotd week.
So I have a bit of mopping up of unfinished work this morning, mainly visiting holiday homes as its changeover day. Fancied a quick spruce up that wasn't fussy.
As it turned out a rather pleasant shave with a good result.
Gillette razor
Ladas blade #1
Unknown synthetic brush
Gentleman's face care cream
Penhaligons sartorial parfum.
IMAG1428_1.jpg

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: E&C West Indian Lime Cream
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Personna Blue (5th)
Brush:Razorock 400 Noir (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then Proraso aftershave Green and Nivea Sensitive Cooling Balm.

Fancied a changed this morning, so brought out the 37c. 2 passes (WTG and XTG) cushioned by the E&C West Indian Lime and ready for another . . . Wait a minute, it's an international break so no Final Score while loafing in my man-cave and that means . . . Chores!!!!

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Cheers,

Brian

Optimized-20171007_101557.jpg Saturday 7th October

Prep warm thorough wash with a sensitive face wash
Brush Simpson colonel
Razor Ever ready 1912 with Gem Stainless blade
GFT shave cream facelathered
Alum/cold water rinse
Trumpers lime skin food both pre and post shave.

First try with a SE razor and received this one thanks to Paul (Blademonkey) with a few Gem Stainless blades.
Naturally due to the shape and the single edge blade I was a bit sceptical to use this, but I am so glad I did, possibly the best shave I have ever had mowed down 48 hours of stubble in no time and was very comfortable, no nicks etc. As said I am new to this so I do need a bit more practice to refine my technique especially under the nose and jaw line. So a big thanks to Paul for the opportunity to purchase it, I feel though I won't be able to use this daily so I can use it for special occasions and the first shave after a couple of days off. I love the versatility of the skin food it is now a must in my shave den and I will be ordering the bigger bottle soon. The GFT shave cream is very nice indeed and is a great scent for work not too strong.

View attachment 29773 Saturday 7th October

Prep warm thorough wash with a sensitive face wash
Brush Simpson colonel
Razor Ever ready 1912 with Gem Stainless blade
GFT shave cream facelathered
Alum/cold water rinse
Trumpers lime skin food both pre and post shave.

First try with a SE razor and received this one thanks to Paul (Blademonkey) with a few Gem Stainless blades.
Naturally due to the shape and the single edge blade I was a bit sceptical to use this, but I am so glad I did, possibly the best shave I have ever had mowed down 48 hours of stubble in no time and was very comfortable, no nicks etc. As said I am new to this so I do need a bit more practice to refine my technique especially under the nose and jaw line. So a big thanks to Paul for the opportunity to purchase it, I feel though I won't be able to use this daily so I can use it for special occasions and the first shave after a couple of days off. I love the versatility of the skin food it is now a must in my shave den and I will be ordering the bigger bottle soon. The GFT shave cream is very nice indeed and is a great scent for work not too strong.

I am pleased you had a great first shave with the 1912, most people do, such a good razor. :) happy shaving :) Paul.

Back
Top Bottom