Sainsbury's DE blades

hunnymonster said:
They've stocked them for ages (in larger stores) - they're Dorco ST-301 blades.

I'd walk the extra to Asda or Boots and buy Personna, but you may like the Dorco.

Sainsburys Dorco, Wilkinson Sword and Asda/Boots/Tesco/Morrrisons Personnas may be the only blades left on the High street.
Oh, I forgot the Lasers.

Dorco also make the cartridge razors for Sainsburys, the twin blade refills fit the Contour or GII. I use them ocasionally for travelling. Not bad.

Hmmm... Are these the made in the USA ones the same as a few years back?

Like this? If so I don't have a problem with them, not great for a numeber of shaves though

R0017494.jpg

al_kaholik said:
Hmmm... Are these the made in the USA ones the same as a few years back?

Like this? If so I don't have a problem with them, not great for a numeber of shaves though

R0017494.jpg

No the Sainsbury's blades on sale now look like this:

036671.jpg

The blades in your pic look like American made Personnas. I didn't know Sainsbury's used to sell them.

They're the same as Superdrug - Dorco 301. I used one for the second time today, and I think they are good, but not as smooth as Derby or Wilkinson Sword Classic. I prefer them to the Personna blades which tend to tug a bit.

Old thread resurrection warning!

I bought some Sainsburys DE blades after checking the back of the pack and seeing that they were produced and packed in Vietnam rather than South Korea.

j0gwll.jpg

On opening the pack however they are orange wrapped ST-301 so I'm assuming Vietnamese made Dorcos rather than Korean made?

15xx3li.jpg

The blades themselves are completely free of any branding. I'll be interested to see how they perform as I haven't tried any Dorcos yet.

elverdiblanco said:
Old thread resurrection warning!

I bought some Sainsburys DE blades after checking the back of the pack and seeing that they were produced and packed in Vietnam rather than South Korea.

j0gwll.jpg

On opening the pack however they are orange wrapped ST-301 so I'm assuming Vietnamese made Dorcos rather than Korean made?

15xx3li.jpg

The blades themselves are completely free of any branding. I'll be interested to see how they perform as I haven't tried any Dorcos yet.

That orange wrapper has Korean writing on it which translates to "Dorco"

I'm the only one that thinks these Sainburys/Boots etc blades are expensive, right? £1.99 for 10, is 20p/blade. I bought Derbys (admittedly in bulk) which work out at under 6p/blade. Still, it's alot cheaper than a multi-blade cartridge at £3.00 each!! :icon_razz:

StephenShave said:
I'm the only one that thinks these Sainburys/Boots etc blades are expensive, right? £1.99 for 10, is 20p/blade. I bought Derbys (admittedly in bulk) which work out at under 6p/blade. Still, it's alot cheaper than a multi-blade cartridge at £3.00 each!! :icon_razz:

They probably aren't that expensive when you consider that this is more or less the quantity you would buy as a sample. Bulk purchasing is the way to go of course.

I think it has to be remembered though that some Multi-blade carts (Fusion Pro-glide) can provide a fair few more shaves than a regular DE blade which has been my experience. This then changes the 'value' equation somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom