Saponificio Varesino brushes at Shave Lounge

Shavelounge is my favourite place as well where I buy my shaving supplies. There are also some razorock brushes which are very cheap as well. Post some pictures for us if you can
I've not yet learned how to post photos on here.
Saponificio Varesino have them on their main site and Shaving Lounge has said that the photos of the various handles will start appearing on their site from about noon tomorrow (15th)

You are in for a treat. I've got the same one you've ordered. My favorite brush and worth every penny. Let us know how you get on with it?
Blackmass thanks for the photo. In the website you cannot tell if the brush is worth the asking price compared to very famous brushes. Can you compare this brush to any other ones you own and is it worth the asking price? I really like their shaving soaps and aftershave so its good to know the quality of the brush. Thanks.

I've not yet learned how to post photos on here.
Saponificio Varesino have them on their main site and Shaving Lounge has said that the photos of the various handles will start appearing on their site from about noon tomorrow (15th)

To post photos
select the upload a file, next press choose file, that should take you into your photo album page.Choose the pic you want to post, that will take you back to choose a file, press the close button. The picture should then appear under post reply, with a choice of thumb or full image press full image. Job done !

To post photos
select the upload a file, next press choose file, that should take you into your photo album page.Choose the pic you want to post, that will take you back to choose a file, press the close button. The picture should then appear under post reply, with a choice of thumb or full image press full image. Job done !
Thank you Pat,....appreciated.

Here's what I've owned since I got into DE shaving since July 2016:

1.Razorock Plissoft 'Bruce' handle. Sold it a while back, did like it at all.

2.'The Blademonkey' Badger Brush. This was PIF'd from @Blademonkey (AKA Paul) not long after I joined TSR. It was 'pure' I think? I loved it straight away and started my brush obsession. I've PIF'd myself a few weeks back week to another member on TSR .

3. Simpsons Duke 3 - Best Badger. I was initially disappointed with it if I'm being honest but I'd say it's my most improved brush, very soft but it's still a bit of a lather hog TBH.

4. Semogue 830 Boar. For a while this was my favourite brush (yes, even including the Thater). It was so cheap but performed so well. It only took a few test lathers to break it in. Since trying 2 Band Badgers I've since found it to be too floppy. Now sold.

5. Thater 4125/2 (3 Band). This was my favourite until the SV brush came along. I'm no expert but I would say it has gel tips. It feels a bit rough when dry but ‘cloud-like' when wet, amazing. I wish I'd bought the two band though. I'm looking at the Two Band 4152 with a faux ivory, not sure of the knot size yet.

6. shavemac 'Snowman' Two Band silvertip, 26/54 Bulb. I would say this is very close to the Thater in terms of softness but has a lot more backbone. Very close to the title of 'My Favourite Brush'.

7. shavemac MK-47 'Unique' knot 26/52 Bulb. I really like it but a tad too dense for me. I prefer the standard Two Band silvertip.

8. Simpsons Captain 2 Faux Ebony 'manchurian' . This is just class. I want a Chubby 2 Manchurian in Faux Ebony. I've contacted Mark at Simpsons 9via email) a few times but they haven't made any for a while. Fair play to Mark though. He always gets back to me very quickly.

9. Saponificio Varesino 'Cocobolo' Two-bands ''High Mountain White Badger knot, from Manchuria''. The brush is much bigger than I was expecting. It states the knot is 26mm x 50mm but I'd say it's closer to 30mm x 51mm. It's also what I would class as a hybrid and the diameter is massive. I haven't got it to hand to check though. The handle is beautifully finished has a great weight and feel to it.

How the knot feels and behaves is harder to describe. When I first ran it over my palm (dry) I was a little disappointed. Being ‘Manchurian' I was expecting more backbone. The brush does act and feel very differently depending on whether you apply lather in a circular motion or planting strokes.

It does splay out quite a bit with circular motions but the brush comes into its own when painting the lather on. The first time I used it, a massive grin came across my face, just a wonderful feeling. A firm wall of badger and lovely and soft.

The value and feel of badger brushes are highly subjective. One of the reasons why I've bought so many brushes is ‘'I know what I want when I find it''. This was very much the case with the SV brush. Also ‘'is it worth the money''? Only you can decide that once you've used it. For me it's a big yes. I love it and no brush has come close to it……yet.

10. LS (now MASETO Shaving) Two Band Finest 30mm Chinese brush. Cheap in price but great value brush. I'm still evaluating it at the moment as I've only used it a few times.

11. Artesania Romera: Chubby in Briar wood with Manchurian 28/50 FAN. This one is on back order and have no idea when it will turn up.

Hope this helps?

Here's what I've owned since I got into DE shaving since July 2016:

1.Razorock Plissoft 'Bruce' handle. Sold it a while back, did like it at all.

2.'The Blademonkey' Badger Brush. This was PIF'd from @Blademonkey (AKA Paul) not long after I joined TSR. It was 'pure' I think? I loved it straight away and started my brush obsession. I've PIF'd myself a few weeks back week to another member on TSR .

3. Simpsons Duke 3 - Best Badger. I was initially disappointed with it if I'm being honest but I'd say it's my most improved brush, very soft but it's still a bit of a lather hog TBH.

4. Semogue 830 Boar. For a while this was my favourite brush (yes, even including the Thater). It was so cheap but performed so well. It only took a few test lathers to break it in. Since trying 2 Band Badgers I've since found it to be too floppy. Now sold.

5. Thater 4125/2 (3 Band). This was my favourite until the SV brush came along. I'm no expert but I would say it has gel tips. It feels a bit rough when dry but ‘cloud-like' when wet, amazing. I wish I'd bought the two band though. I'm looking at the Two Band 4152 with a faux ivory, not sure of the knot size yet.

6. shavemac 'Snowman' Two Band silvertip, 26/54 Bulb. I would say this is very close to the Thater in terms of softness but has a lot more backbone. Very close to the title of 'My Favourite Brush'.

7. shavemac MK-47 'Unique' knot 26/52 Bulb. I really like it but a tad too dense for me. I prefer the standard Two Band silvertip.

8. Simpsons Captain 2 Faux Ebony 'manchurian' . This is just class. I want a Chubby 2 Manchurian in Faux Ebony. I've contacted Mark at Simpsons 9via email) a few times but they haven't made any for a while. Fair play to Mark though. He always gets back to me very quickly.

9. Saponificio Varesino 'Cocobolo' Two-bands ''High Mountain White Badger knot, from Manchuria''. The brush is much bigger than I was expecting. It states the knot is 26mm x 50mm but I'd say it's closer to 30mm x 51mm. It's also what I would class as a hybrid and the diameter is massive. I haven't got it to hand to check though. The handle is beautifully finished has a great weight and feel to it.

How the knot feels and behaves is harder to describe. When I first ran it over my palm (dry) I was a little disappointed. Being ‘Manchurian' I was expecting more backbone. The brush does act and feel very differently depending on whether you apply lather in a circular motion or planting strokes.

It does splay out quite a bit with circular motions but the brush comes into its own when painting the lather on. The first time I used it, a massive grin came across my face, just a wonderful feeling. A firm wall of badger and lovely and soft.

The value and feel of badger brushes are highly subjective. One of the reasons why I've bought so many brushes is ‘'I know what I want when I find it''. This was very much the case with the SV brush. Also ‘'is it worth the money''? Only you can decide that once you've used it. For me it's a big yes. I love it and no brush has come close to it……yet.

10. LS (now MASETO Shaving) Two Band Finest 30mm Chinese brush. Cheap in price but great value brush. I'm still evaluating it at the moment as I've only used it a few times.

11. Artesania Romera: Chubby in Briar wood with Manchurian 28/50 FAN. This one is on back order and have no idea when it will turn up.

Hope this helps?
'Kinnell,....I thought Charlie was an expensive habit!

Back
Top Bottom