Schick Injector Blades

Looks like I'll be retiring my 67 year-old PAL Injecto-Matic. The blades offered on Amazon and ebay are too dear for regular use.
Here's how to get Chinese Schick injector blades from Amazon for less money than Connaught used to charge:
Get them on ↪Amazon US.
I just put 8 magazines (2 packs of 4) in my basket. Here is what I get at checkout:
Voila_Capture%202017-01-18_08-21-51_pm.png

That's £5.52 per magazine. Delivered.
Note the 'Import Fees Deposit'... that's VAT.
If you click on the 'Import Fees Deposit' link you get to ↪this page.
Here are the important bits from that page (emphasis is mine):
Amazon said:
AmazonGlobal offers customers customs duties, taxes and fees ("Import Fees") estimation during checkout and customs clearance on your behalf.
For AmazonGlobal items, you won't be charged additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the Import Fees Deposit we estimated.
If the actual Import Fees are less than the Import Fees Deposit collected by us on your behalf, you'll automatically be refunded the difference.
So you already have paid VAT and Royal Mail won't have to collect it and charge you ransom...
I just checked the cost of ordering 4 magazines and the price per magazine is £6.02
I paid even less having the magazines delivered to Germany as 4 magazines where under the threshold where the Germans collect VAT... I'll have them in my greedy hands tomorrow after a bloody long drive...

So don't retire your PAL Injectomatic just yet, or if you do - give it to me :D:D

Disclaimer: That's my interpretation of things. If you do get stung, don't blame me :D

Last edited:
Here's how to get Chinese Schick injector blades from Amazon for less money than Connaught used to charge:
Get them on ↪Amazon US.
I just put 8 magazines (2 packs of 4) in my basket. Here is what I get at checkout:
Voila_Capture%202017-01-18_08-21-51_pm.png

That's £5.52 per magazine. Delivered.
Note the 'Import Fees Deposit'... that's VAT.
If you click on the 'Import Fees Deposit' link you get to ↪this page.
Here are the important bits from that page (emphasis is mine):

So you already have paid VAT and Royal Mail won't have to collect it and charge you ransom...
I just checked the cost of ordering 4 magazines and the price per magazine is £6.02
I paid even less having the magazines delivered to Germany as 4 magazines where under the threshold where the Germans collect VAT... I'll have them in my greedy hands tomorrow after a bloody long drive...

So don't retire your PAL Injectomatic just yet, or if you do - give it to me :D:D

Disclaimer: That's my interpretation of things. If you do get stung, don't blame me :D
Thank you for the info, have 8 magazines on their way, cheap as chips!

Let us know how it works out. As I said - I ordered 4 delivered to Germany. The expedited shipping was slightly more (I needed to make sure they arrived before my brief trip there tomorrow), but I wasn't charged any VAT or duty...
I've ordered from the states before and as long as you use global shipping there are no extra charges this end so will be cool.

Back
Top Bottom