Schick Injector Classification - Help Needed - Schick Type A

Gentlemen!

If you are at all interested in Schick Injector razors you will be familiar with the classification Alan G. Appleby came up with. If you are talking about a Type E or Type M or any other type of Schick injector razor, that's the Appleby classification. He came up with that classification and it has been the gospel ever since.
I think it is time to expand and improve on his original web site.
I have quite a few issues with the original site: Information about one razor is spread about two different pages with no cross-reference. There aren't enough photos pointing out the important details of each model. We now know things Appleby didn't.
That's why I have decided to start a project to make a new, improved and definitive Schick Injector classification web site. A first draft or proof of concept can be found here: http://razors.click/injectors/
However:

I NEED HELP.

While I have a good few injector razors, I'm very far from having every model ever made. That's where I need your help. Starting with Type A, I will ask for as much information as we can find. Preferably with photos to document the information.
I'd like to have pictures of
  • The razor itself from different angles and close ups of important details like patent numbers, logos etc.
  • The packaging the razor came in (if you have it)
  • Any instructions included with the razor
  • Any old ads for that type of razor
I will of course credit you for any images you contribute.
It would also help to have the length and weight of the razor or any detail you can think of that is unique to that model of razor and could be used for identification.
Also comments on my prototype web page are welcome.

Let's get the ball rolling with the Schick Type A
ModelA.jpg

Gentlemen!

If you are at all interested in Schick Injector razors you will be familiar with the classification Alan G. Appleby came up with. If you are talking about a Type E or Type M or any other type of Schick injector razor, that's the Appleby classification. He came up with that classification and it has been the gospel ever since.
I think it is time to expand and improve on his original web site.
I have quite a few issues with the original site: Information about one razor is spread about two different pages with no cross-reference. There aren't enough photos pointing out the important details of each model. We now know things Appleby didn't.
That's why I have decided to start a project to make a new, improved and definitive Schick Injector classification web site. A first draft or proof of concept can be found here: http://razors.click/injectors/
However:

I NEED HELP.

While I have a good few injector razors, I'm very far from having every model ever made. That's where I need your help. Starting with Type A, I will ask for as much information as we can find. Preferably with photos to document the information.
I'd like to have pictures of
  • The razor itself from different angles and close ups of important details like patent numbers, logos etc.
  • The packaging the razor came in (if you have it)
  • Any instructions included with the razor
  • Any old ads for that type of razor
I will of course credit you for any images you contribute.
It would also help to have the length and weight of the razor or any detail you can think of that is unique to that model of razor and could be used for identification.
Also comments on my prototype web page are welcome.

Let's get the ball rolling with the Schick Type A
ModelA.jpg
Well done, it's always great to add to the information that's already out there :) I'm just left with my E2 which in my opinion although not as desireable as an E1 or an F model is still one of the best :)

Back
Top Bottom