Schick M Model

The only Schick injector left that I really wanted to try was the venerable M adjustable model and now I can notch my revolver handle for that one. I recently bought one that was for what I thought was less than the "trending" price. It was in great shape and functioned perfectly as well as having an old blade in it. I cleaned 'er up & gave 'er a trial run. I want to add that I violated almost every cardinal rule for the first shave in that I used not only a new razor, but also a new (different) blade & a new soap. :oops:

I used a Lebelle Barbershop soap sample & a new Dutch Schick Super Stainless in the razor which I set on "5". I won't comment any further than to say that it was a good shave, but not a great shave. However, I won't blame the razor as it seemingly worked splendidly. More to come.

Anyone else used the Model M Adjustable?

The only Schick injector left that I really wanted to try was the venerable M adjustable model and now I can notch my revolver handle for that one. I recently bought one that was for what I thought was less than the "trending" price. It was in great shape and functioned perfectly as well as having an old blade in it. I cleaned 'er up & gave 'er a trial run. I want to add that I violated almost every cardinal rule for the first shave in that I used not only a new razor, but also a new (different) blade & a new soap. :oops:

I used a Lebelle Barbershop soap sample & a new Dutch Schick Super Stainless in the razor which I set on "5". I won't comment any further than to say that it was a good shave, but not a great shave. However, I won't blame the razor as it seemingly worked splendidly. More to come.

Anyone else used the Model M Adjustable?
It works better with a Twin Blade.

Well, 'tweren't the razor nor the blade. It was the soap. Tonight I tried the same blade but used the ol' standby Cella and was rewarded with a DFS. I did however step the razor up to "6" and think I may go higher in the future. This is really a lil' dandy of a razor.

While I agree with Fergiebilly that it's better with Twins for me it's still a relative dog of a razor, my least favorite injector (A-I) by a good margin. Shaved with it this morning, third shave on a twin, it stunk. YMMV and I hope it does.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I snagged another adjustable recently, but this one is a Protector model. It's in superb condition with only a few normal "wear & tear" scuffs on the head. This one has a different dial type as well. I have not used it yet:

KlDmof1.jpg

psnQuCj.jpg

While I agree with Fergiebilly that it's better with Twins for me it's still a relative dog of a razor, my least favorite injector (A-I) by a good margin. Shaved with it this morning, third shave on a twin, it stunk. YMMV and I hope it does.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Owned a minter - far too mild. Sold it on. To be fair never tried twin blades. I would imagine, once dialled in with the right blade combo - it will do a really good job. Personally, I didnt have the patience or the right blade. Just Chicks :eek:

I used it today wide open on "7" for everything but the chin/mouth area where I backed off to "5" with a new "Chick" blade. Simply fantastic shave. At least for my mug this is a great shaver. I like a comfortable DFS and not a "seat of the pants" one whereas I feel like I am milking a Mamba!! :eek: ;)

Back
Top Bottom