Schick Vs Personna injector blades.

Hello,
I have been using the Schick injector blades in my SP, E4,Pal adjustable and G razors to good effect.
As they are not available at Connaught any longer, I bought the Personnas and I want to know what to expect from them as I have never used them before. From what I can gather from the various forums, they are better than the Chinese Schicks.

Hello,
I have been using the Schick injector blades in my SP, E4,Pal adjustable and G razors to good effect.
As they are not available at Connaught any longer, I bought the Personnas and I want to know what to expect from them as I have never used them before. From what I can gather from the various forums, they are better than the Chinese Schicks.
Some like them others don't, I've found that the Chinese Chicks are better than the personnas so a case of YMMV. :)

Hello,
Chinese Schick blades are still available from Amazon US for less (shipped) than they used to cost from Connaughts.
Personnas are good blades, personally I hate the plastic clips they come in.
Japanese Schick blades from ebay are a very good (if pricey) option, especially the Twin blades not available new otherwise, but I don't think any of your injectors is suitable for Twin blades.
It's also worthwhile keeping an eye on ebay for vintage NOS Schick blades.
Cutting Feather AC blades to size is an option, but can be fiddly and they are not cheap either.
All in all there are plenty of options for your injectors.

Any suggestions my friend?

Hi there,

Well if you really wanna see what's up with injectors you gotta try some vintage blades. Many people who have tried lots of various new and vintage brands have found certain older ones to be more enjoyable than others, myself included. The Chicks are a good blade, but there's other's you need to sample.

Maybe do a search and you should come up with a few good threads on blades. They sure can make a difference if you care to take some time with sampling a bunch.

Martin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom