SE Razor on KickStarter

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about this, but that could be me missing something, sorry if that's the case!

I was wondering what the view was on this device here on kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/supply/the-single-edge-your-mornings-deserve-more

It looks to me like a new SE razor handle designed as a modern thing from the ground up in the US. As I've not used any SE razors yet, I thought I'd ask around and see if anyone has looked into this at all, and see what the community thinks of it.

It's no longer available on Kickstarter for $50 shipped (bargain!) - it's now $79 (not bad).
Have a look at ↪this thread for a lengthy discussion.
In my opinion it's not 'just another single edge razor' - it takes injector blades and it is available.. not a big choice if you want both.

Been around for a few months. I think the verdict is 'just another single edge razor.'
Just another SE razor? IMHO it's a fabulous SE adjustable razor, it shaves very well indeed and ( for me ) looks fantastic and is 100% stainless steel with a life time guarantee and when compaired to other SS offerings is at a competitive price too. :) I'm a little biased though having one but I'm sure I'm not alone in how I feel about this razor. :)

Last edited:
Just another SE razor? IMHO it's a fabulous SE adjustable razor, it shaves very well indeed and ( for me ) looks fantastic and is 100% stainless steel with a life time guarantee and when compaired to other SS offerings a competitive price too. :) I'm a little biased though having one but I'm sure I'm not alone in how I feel about this razor. :)
I shouldn't have responded so flippantly. I've not found many SE razors that aren't excellent. My all-time favourite is still my 1950 PAL Injecto-Matic. I have a General, and while it gets the job done, I'm not a fan of light aluminium razors.

I shouldn't have responded so flippantly. I've not found many SE razors that aren't excellent. My all-time favourite is still my 1950 PAL Injecto-Matic. I have a General, and while it gets the job done, I'm not a fan of light aluminium razors.
The Pal Injecto-Matic is indeed a fine razor and as my first SE will always be one of my favourites :)

Last edited:
I have just received an email from Supply Provision, and if you look on their website, you should see details of a Limited Edition mirror-polished Single Edge, plus a 20% discount offer on the standard version.
I'm sorry if that is what you was saying but when I read it I thought you was under the impression that it was only the standard version that had 20% off. :)

I'm sorry if that is what you was saying but when I read it I thought you was under the impression that it was only the standard version that had 20% off. :)
I didn't put that too clearly, so thanks for elucidating. It's also probably worth mentioning that that this is a preorder offer (i.e. whether plain or polished, if you order one, it won't be in the mail to you tomorrow), with US delivery by 31st March, and obviously thereafter to the UK and elsewhere.
The 20% discount coupon code is STOCKOUT.

Ah. Well I clearly searched for the wrong thing and didn't see it then! Sorry about that.

So the general idea is that it is a perfectly good SE razor? I would question the "reasonable" price though, $70 is a lot of money for a razor. Though, with a bit of a look around, it does seem to be the ONLY SE razor around. Where do people buy SEs from? While I can find a good range of DEs readily available, SEs razors seem to be a bit like the proverbial rocking equine excrement.

Ah. Well I clearly searched for the wrong thing and didn't see it then! Sorry about that.

So the general idea is that it is a perfectly good SE razor? I would question the "reasonable" price though, $70 is a lot of money for a razor. Though, with a bit of a look around, it does seem to be the ONLY SE razor around. Where do people buy SEs from? While I can find a good range of DEs readily available, SEs razors seem to be a bit like the proverbial rocking equine excrement.

The Single Edge is, I think, currently the only modern SE razor that uses the size and type of blade (nowadays most commonly Personnas) that were used in Schick and PAL vintage SEs. The price reflects the fact that it's stainless, and has three baseplates for different settings/adjustments (no one else does).

There are also a number of new SE razors available which use the Feather Artists Club-type 50mm wide blades (there are several brands and different aggressions of this blade type). To list a few (ss=stainless, al=aluminium):-
1) Executive Shaving Claymore (ss)
2) Rocnel SE50 (ss)
3) Mongoose (ss)
4) Alumigoose (al Mongoose)
5) Razorock Hawk (al)
6) Colonial Razors "The General" (al)
7) Cobra (as rare as the rocking .... etc.)
and the Rocnel SE-P (ss) which uses halved DE blades.

Within these, there are variations such as black anodised or silver, the Rocnel SE-P has open and closed comb versions, and so forth. There's quite a wide range of pricing. For example, you can buy a Razorock Hawk from UK Shaving Station for £27.99 (except they're out of stock), and the Claymore comes from Scotland. Also bear in mind that the Rocnels are available from Spain, but others have to be got from (mainly) the USA, with consequent taxes and duties.

Colonial Razors are planning a brass SE version, as well as one using Gem-type blades; Razorock are to bring out a stainless version; and other people are also developing them.

I expect I've missed someone out, but if so, then I'll be corrected, for sure.

Modern SE razors are therefore "all the go" at the moment, and there's a fair amount of choice, especially in the AC blade types.

Of course, you could always pick up a vintage Schick or PAL, which is probably what @Fergiebilly would recommend, rather than any of these newfangled things.

SE razors are not as popular as DE razors that is why you can not find as many, however the latest offerings of SE razors that take the wider AC style blade are plentiful . As for the price the Supply costs $79.00 and when compaired to other stainless steel razors ,SE or DE you will find it to be a great price. 100% stainless with a life time gauantee, I for one would be interested to find one at a better price.

SE razors are not as popular as DE razors that is why you can not find as many, however the latest offerings of SE razors that take the wider AC style blade are plentiful . As for the price the Supply costs $79.00 and when compaired to other stainless steel razors ,SE or DE you will find it to be a great price. 100% stainless with a life time gauantee, I for one would be interested to find one at a better price.
Got there before me!

I just received my lightly used SP razor with all the heads and I intend to use it today. It's the standard issue. I see they are offering a polished one. I do like SS razors for the longevity and weight but I fail (YMMV) to perceive why I would want something that will need polishing after every few uses to maintain the original shine. I do have a collection of DE's and SE's and I don't want to spend more time than cleaning and drying them after every shave. I do take pride in the condition of my razors and I had a chrome Hawk that I kept in pristine order until I gave it away to a friend. I didn't like the polishing bit though as it demands more time and attention. My bet would be brushed SS every time and I do love my Rockwell, El-Jefe and RX as they come. Surely I wouldn't replace them with a polished version if they are ever offered in this guise.

Back
Top Bottom