This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seems I'm back again...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum' started by Ids1984, Tuesday July 18, 2017.

1. Ids1984

Ids1984

Hello again,

It's been a good number of years since
    I stalked this forums! Last time
    I caught the DE bug hard and got quite tired of a rather large collection and unsatisfactory shaves slipping back into cartridge use, gels and Nivea aftershave; which although suits isn't very satisfying!

Although vowing never to comeback I guess the intention was always there with a hidden stash of DE blades and a Semogue owners club tucked away.

My biggest issue was always irritation was what appeared to be the soaps, but I always thought it to be the brushes.

I think a synthetic will help, so I've ordered a chubby synthetic and some simpsons soap, the DE can come later this time!

2. Welcome back.

In my experience, synthetics are nicer on the face when dried. I can feel a little disconfor when the brush is wet (with lather) - I also get a little disconfor with boars brushes, different to synthetics though.

I prefer a good badger brush that now you can get for under £40.

I made the switch from cartridge razors and once I found the right blade and my technique was sorted..... I knew I was never going back. I threw all my cartridge razors in the bin and not once I've missed any of them.

The razor was Merkur 34C but could have been the other beginner's razor EJ89 just as well.

Good luck

Floid_Maniac and Ids1984 like this.
  3. Back down the hole

Sometimes i wish i stuck to one cart and a can of Nivea.

4. Benz3ne

Benz3ne

BLASPHEMY!

Floid_Maniac and Aaron1983 like this.
    Floid_Maniac likes this.
  6. newbie

7. YMMV

YMMV

Welcome back. If you decide to give DEs another shot, you can have a look at Rockwell 6s or 6c.

8. Bizzyberry

Bizzyberry

9. patw

patw

Welcome back to TSR

Floid_Maniac likes this.
  10. invicta

invicta

11. Ids1984

Ids1984

Thanks gents, a week back and already a Simpsons brush and 5 creams up

And eyeing the stainless steel razors, still like the look of the feather but also the calypso and the ATT SE1!

Floid_Maniac and Benz3ne like this.
  12. Welcome back! Have you persevered?

If you got on well with the Simpsons creams we still have a few in stock with 25% off!!! http://www.agentshave.co.uk/brands/Simpsons.html

Agent L

Floid_Maniac likes this.