This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Separate Razor for head?

Discussion in 'DE Razors' started by Colin Stenburge, Saturday May 12, 2018.

1. Hi, I currently have two razors, a mild one for my face and slightly more aggressive one for my head.
    My logic is to keep my face blade as sharp as possible.
    Any thoughts or comments?

2. Sounds unnecessary to me, but if it works for you go for it.

Bogeyman and Colin Stenburge like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick

Agree. I use the same razor on my head and face. My head is the tougher shave, if I'm not satisfied with a razor's performance there I don't keep it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bogeyman likes this.
  4. So monitor the blades shapness and just use one razor. Great, will consider it.

5. invicta

invicta

You could also consider different blades for head and face. I think the razor angle and application is important so using the same razor should be beneficial in learning good technique. Finding blades you are happy with is part of the journey to good technique so try a few blades; anything from PPI (St Petersburg) is a good place to start. I like Gillette Silver Blue and Astra SP but the Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge and Polsilver SI are well liked. By the way, I don't head shave. Welcome to TSR.

Colin Stenburge likes this.
  6. I do shave my head and I just use the same razor and blade for both.