Shark blades: anyone else like them?

I was not expecting much out of Lord Sharks considering how cheap they are but these are really good for me: very sharp and long lasting, reasonable smoothness but a bit of burn in my 37c.What about you guys?

Its been years but I'm sure I got on okay with them. I seem to remember looking at buying them in bulk but never did, not sure why.

Shark are good blades for me too.

I think the factory is either ex-wilkinson sword tooling or set up by Wilkie UK as a lower cost manufacturing location.

Whatever, I like their blades.
I think the lord class-platinum is their top-tier offering, my next order with Connaught's will be getting a tuck to try.

The Shark SS blade is pretty forgiving IMHO,.. not the sharpest of blades but, i only use any blade twice,regardless then it's binned.., I give them a quick hand strop before i use them to get rid off any burrs.

Last edited:
Nothing at all like Astras. These are blades our good mentor, Nishy, raves about. This is a serious case of YMMV. You'll either love them, or staunch blood.
@Steve You are right, they are nothing like the Astra. I've just used one and it has given me the best shave so far from the Guerrilla. Smooth as silk and really helped the razor shine. I'm not going to wax lyrical just yet, I'll give the rest of the pack a go to test both longevity and consistency but as of now I'm impressed with the lowly Shark blade.

Back
Top Bottom