Prep....Shower~Olive oil soap
Razor....Blackland Sabre
Blade....Personna Gem Stainless steel
Soap....L'Occitane -Cade
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Brush....Semouge OC Boar
Post....Thayers Rose-Jojoba oil
Scent....Bond number 9 New York.....Mr Perfume

My first shave with the personna Gem stainless steel blade with this razor and to be honest I was very happy with it, there is a slight difference between the Pal Super carbon and the Gem, maybe the Pal Super was slightly smoother, I don't quite know ,hard to put my finger on what the exact difference was but non the less the Gem blade worked very well indeed leaving me clean shaven and irritation free. another really enjoyable shave.
The L'Occitane soap -Cade was fab and soon whipped up a great lather and left me with a great skin feel afterwards.
I'm still very happy with this razor and usealy by now after four shaves with the same razor I would be bored stupid but I'm stll looking forward to my morning shaves with this great razor.
I finnished off with a splash of Thayers and once dry I applied a few drops of Jojoba oil as a light moisturiser .
Bond number 9 New York was rolled onto my pulse points and top of my chest and I'm smeling great! :)

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.......:) Off to walk Taz, the best time of the day, still cool and nobody around so I can let him off his lead for a good run :)

Last edited:
View attachment 26977 SOTD 15th july Saturday.

Shave four with the Blackland Sabre

Prep....Shower~Olive oil soap
Razor....Blackland Sabre
Blade....Personna Gem Stainless steel
Soap....L'Occitane -Cade
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Brush....Semouge OC Boar
Post....Thayers Rose-Jojoba oil
Scent....Bond number 9 New York.....Mr Perfume

My first shave with the Perrsonna Gem stainless steel blade with this razor and to be honest I was very happy with it, there is a slight difference between the Pal Super carbon and the Gem, maybe the Pal Super was slightly smoother, I don't quite know ,hard to put my finger on what the exact difference was but non the less the Gem blade worked very well indeed leaving me clean shaven and irritation free. another really enjoyable shave.
The L'Occitane soap -Cade was fab and soon whipped up a great lather and left me with a great skin feel afterwards.
I'm still very happy with this razor and usealy by now after four shaves with the same razor I would be bored stupid but I'm stll looking forward to my morning shaves with this great razor.
I finnished off with a splash of Thayers and once dry I applied a few drops of Jojoba oil as a light moisturiser .
Bond number 9 New York was rolled onto my pulse points and top of my chest and I'm smeling great! :)

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.......:) Off to walk Taz, the best time of the day, still cool and nobody around so I can let him off his lead for a good run :)

I like the picture..... and the brush looks so handsome. I have a seamogue 2000 but it looks like a rock star instead, unlike yours, with the hairs nicely tidied up. Do you do anything to get the hairs looking like that?

SOTD: 15th July 2017.
A.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Coconut & Sheabutter Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Derby ~ Lemon Shaving Cream.

Blade: Gillette Nacet. (1)

Razor: Merkur 37C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/ Selin ~ Lemon Cologne.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend..Maiden shave with the newly acquired Merkur 39C....The verdict?

A effortless 3 pass silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

The Merkur 39C/Gillette Nacet combo was excellent, in the previous shaves with my 37C i normally pair it up with a Voskhod T.C. blade, but today i experimented with the Gillette nacet and it worked to my advantage..."very smooth and sharp".

As with any new razor i find," like most people" there is a learning curve but, my shaving instinct instantly adjusted to the razor.

The extra lenght of the handle & weight of the 39C is a added bonus, even though i have fairly small hands, i didn't have any problems or made any adjustments to my technique, i found my sweet spot instantly,adding the lightest of touch just letting the weight of the razor do the work, i was suprised how quickly i got use to it throughout the shave. Another wonderful addition to my DE razor collection..

So all in all, just like my 37C both razors have a reputation of been dangerously aggressive , and "not for beginners",the 39C like it's smaller sibling both are very efficient razors which can mow down a heavy beard with no mercy, and probably won't be suited to everyone's taste's... but to be honest, IMHO both razors are no more dangerous than any other efficient DE razor, and don't require any special angle or technique, to get a good irritation free smooth shave if you respect them, & follow the common sense rules of wet shaving, just like you do with any other razor, you'll be rewarded with a DFS.

"Any kind of razor will bite you if you don't treat it with respect".

Finishing the shave off with a very generous splash of Selin lemon cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling very zesty.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt170715.jpg

- Barrister & Mann 42
- Shavemac Silvertip
- Edwin Jagger DE83 with Feather blade
- Pitralon Polar Aftershave

:D

I like the picture..... and the brush looks so handsome. I have a seamogue 2000 but it looks like a rock star instead, unlike yours, with the hairs nicely tidied up. Do you do anything to get the hairs looking like that?
I have @Floid_Maniac to thank for that, he shamed me by saying my piggies looked like shaggy dogs that had just got out of some water so once dry I wrap the knot in a cardboard tube with a elastic band around it untill I need it again and they all look like new now! :)

I have @Floid_Maniac to thank for that, he shamed me by saying my piggies looked like shaggy dogs that had just got out of some water so once dry I wrap the knot in a cardboard tube with a elastic band around it untill I need it again and they all look like new now! :)
Please note, your brush needs to be properly dried before you use this method! :)

I'm going to try that for a change..... although I do like the rock star look too, heavy metal for sure :p:p:p

SOTD 20170715

BbqASnv.jpg

Brush: J&T® black walnut / APShaveCo synthetic STF 26 mm.
Shaving soap: Barbiere di Figaro "Esclusivo".
Razor: Claymore V2 / Rocnel handle.
Blade: Kai Titan Mild (1).
After shave: Proraso Cypress & Vetiver after shave creme.

While waiting for a Maggard MR7 handle used a Rocnel handle.
The Claymore is very effective and does not feel aggressive ... ;)

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, bloom water.
OSP Barbershop Soap.
Maseto 30mm 2 band finest.
Little Wren bowl.
Merkur 37C.
Vokshod blade (1).
Thatchers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Fine Platinum Aftershave.

Much anticipated shave this morning. First use of the brush and the razor and I woke up this morning with various combinations running through my mind. The Maseto brush is simply wonderful. I live in a very hard water area and I usually have to spend quite a while loading the knot and then work for some time building the lather. But the 30mm knot took on the soap with ease and a huge amount of good lather was built in seconds. It released the lather very efficiently on to my face, and the brush felt good on my skin. Believe the hype! I'm perhaps a little over cautious when using a razor for the first time, but the 37C provided a very comfortable, efficient shave. Not a hint of irritation and weeper free. 3 careful passes with minimal pick-ups. Not quite BBS, but certainly a DFS. A very enjoyable Saturday morning shave, and a great start to the weekend. Have a great weekend chaps!

You've adapted @Floid_Maniac's system, his requires a damp brush and ventilation holes
View attachment 26987
The most simplictic inventions are the most unique.;)..since @Floid_Maniac "Alexander" passed this wonderful tip on, The German Government have Patent the design,and a factory in Hamburg has officially been opened by the German President Joachim Gauck called "Wildschwein haar Rasierpinsel Halter Fabrik", production is now in full swing, and orders can be taken in the UK from your local pig farms.:D

The tidy-up;

IMG_4867.png

Quick tidy-up at the base of my neck and cheeks before heading off for a hair cut. I look sharp enough, and made a concerted effort not to get carried away with this singing canary of a razor. Avoiding the closer-cut areas of yesterdays shave gave me a nice, irritation free, drama free trim. Used the C&E West Indian Limes soap with my Maseto 30mm and matching ASB - not quite as used to this soap as my others so definite room for improvement there but it did the job well enough. Nice subtle smell and I continued the citrus theme with a drop or two of Sublime Vanille oil. I really do need to take this beauty out more often...

Onto the next one, chaps!

Back
Top Bottom