Shaving and smoking

I have been DE shaving for the best part of 3 years. I have very much got the hang of it - for over a year I have been getting entirely nick free shaves.

6 weeks ago I completely stopped smoking. Over the last few weeks I have been getting more nicks and weepers.

Could this be associated? Is my blood thinner now I do not smoke and thus weeps more obviously?

Any thoughts?

I think there are lots factors can cause nicks and cuts, I have been using straight razors and de since 2006 and I smoke occasionally in summer at the weekends with a drink and I don't think smoking affects shaving. However after quitting if you feel that you get nervous easier and quicker, find concentrating more difficult could be the causes.

Firstly, a huge well done for quitting cigarettes.
Secondly, as has been alluded to above, you may still be having withdrawal symptoms which is making a you a bit more on edge than usual, I’m guessing this will get easier with time and normal service will be resumed.
Keep up the good work with not smoking.

Dave.

Your's truly.
I am not sure why.....but my partner (who is a nurse) would claim that the skin of someone who is a heavy smoker ages quicker. Most noticable on the neck.
I’m glad I’m not alone Brian.
The thing I most noticed when I gave up smoking was that things tasted much sweeter. Orange juice, for instance, tastes sickly sweet to me these days. I can’t drink it at all.

First thing that popped to mind was a lack of nicotine in your system following quitting. Perhaps a lack of stimulant is causing lack of reaction to stimulus (in this case touch/pressure when shaving) so causing more sporadic nicking?
Just a hypothesis! :) congrats on quitting!

There's nothing better for me than to do a late night shave when everybody's a sleep and smoke a cigarette after it in peace and quiet. I know, I should quit but I am risking all those nicks and cuts from shaky hands so I can't quit :) :)

P. S. Congrats on quitting. Don't think your blood thining has anything to do with nicks...

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk