Shaving Soap Lid, On or Off?

I leave the lid off for 12-24 hours and then replace, LPL is one exception where the manufacturer recommends leaving the lid off permanently which I do and its seems fine... I tried the same thing with some Vitos (stored in an open dish) and it went "off" somehow, wouldn't lather for love nor money.

When I started wet shaving I would close the tub right after the shave. Never left it off. Then I saw people dry their soaps so
I used to leave them open about an hour after the shave so it can dry out a bit. Usually i would leave it upside down and if there was stil visible moisture i would wipe it a bit with a paper towel.
Recently I have been leaving it during the night (i shave in the evening) and close it back in the morning.
Can't tell you what's the proper way.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BJS
I leave the lid off for 12-24 hours and then replace, LPL is one exception where the manufacturer recommends leaving the lid off permanently which I do and its seems fine... I tried the same thing with some Vitos (stored in an open dish) and it went "off" somehow, wouldn't lather for love nor money.
Exactly the same here. Lid goes back when I get home from work or next morning. LPL being the 'special one'.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I always leave the lid off untill fully dry and then the lid goes back on.
If you use the same soap every day there is no need to ever put the lid back on! :) P.
Please note, this is just what I do, I'm not saying it's right, it's just what I do :)
I have only ever seen advice from one manufacturer, Phoenix&Beau, who recommend what you do, lid off until dry, then replace,...like wot I do,...
PS,...only for hard soap,...creams and croap, lid back on.

I run some cold water onto the puck to wash away any lather and then put the lid on.

My take is that if there are natural oils etc. in the soap, putting the lid on will minimise oxidisation, keeping the ingriedients fresher and more effective.

How much of a difference this makes - who knows :)

Back
Top Bottom