Single pass

Dies anyone who shaves daily, use a very sharp blade and aggressive razor and do just one pass?
I have thick stubble and think that doing 2 passes is a major contribution to skin irritation round my neck.
I have done this with my 2011 Muhle R41 paired with a Lodz Polsilver and got a DFS finnish, shaving with this razor requires 100% concentration though and a light touch. :) P.

In my opinion the number of passes is less relevant than the number of strokes. Keep the two passes that seem necessary for shaving with a DE but pay attention at how many strokes you do during each pass. Especially how many strokes over the same area during the same pass.
I also tried a single pass and found it unsatisfactory. If the lather is perfect and you only shave with one stroke over the same area, it should work.

In my opinion the number of passes is less relevant than the number of strokes. Keep the two passes that seem necessary for shaving with a DE but pay attention at how many strokes you do during each pass. Especially how many strokes over the same area during the same pass.
I also tried a single pass and found it unsatisfactory. If the lather is perfect and you only shave with one stroke over the same area, it should work.
Yh I do one stroke over each area on a usual 2 pass shave, however this morning I did a WTG one stroke over each area and whilst using a more aggressive razor and fresh blade I got the same standard of shave after 1 pass of what I usually get after 2 passes if not better, I didn't even know this was possible oh and as @Blademonkey said I did have to watch my technique use a very light touch.

Back
Top Bottom