Slant recommendations

37c is good, but has a short handle. 39c has a longer handle. Ikon X3 head with an OSS handle is another top-notch alternative. You can't go wrong with any of these. (If you want to spend £170, you can get an ATT S1, but it won't shave any better than the cheaper razors.) ;) I'll bet you'll become a slant fanatic.

Thanks Guys, i spend what seems lots on shave stuff (sound familiar?) so i didn't want to spend fortunes if it wasn't for me. however i have certain parts of my shave where i naturally go diagonally to get the awkward stubble...

Thanks Guys, i spend what seems lots on shave stuff (sound familiar?) so i didn't want to spend fortunes if it wasn't for me. however i have certain parts of my shave where i naturally go diagonally to get the awkward stubble...
37/39c are the way forward. Affordable, and readily available. Personally, used the 37c a lot. Never disappointed. They do a proper job :)

Of all the slants I have used (37C, Fine Superlite, vintage German, PAA Bakelite, iKon X3 & iKon 102) my favourite is the 102. If I were to recommend a slant razor that would be the one, though you would need a handle if you just buy the head, if you don't have a handle already.

I may get shot down in flames here but shave on the diagonal with your DE! It should have the same affect as shaving with a Slant razor.
I do this with DEs / SEs on troublesome parts of my chin. Change your tecnique not your razor :) P.

Aka "Gillette slide" I sometimes do that without realising.

Aka "Gillette slide" I sometimes do that without realising.
Spot on! I had a slant razor once, an ATT S2 and I found it to be a very good razor....it shaved well but I also found I could do the same with any other razor just by shaving on the diagonal, it gives me great results even on my chin which is why I bought a slant in the first place.
I'm not saying don't buy a slant, just that you don't need to! YMMV :)

Back
Top Bottom