So what are your favourite childhood toys/games?

Now for me,being a child of the 70's - 80's ,my favourite toys & games were these....
Galaxy Invader 1000. a yellow,hand held space invader clone.
Pocket Simon,Simon in your hand!,in the 70's tech didnt get much better!.
Blip,the Palitoy 'tennis' game,not really electronic,as it was marketed as,but still good for a 7 yr old in 1977!,also related to 'Demon Driver',another of my favourites!.
Electronic Mastermind,so much better than putting coloured pegs into a brown board!.
Grandstand Mini Munchman,as a 10yr old,this was amazing!,damn!,it was even an alarm clock,so it could wake you up for school...Or not!...
The Game of Dracula,my favourite board game!,made by Waddington's,around 1977,I loved this game,trouble is,being an only child,I had no bugger to play it with....
Action Jacks,little cheap (50p,max) action figures,the legs bent at the knees!,and the arms at the elbows!...
Not to mention Lego!,always a favourite,especially Lego space!.
And a few books that I loved (I loved many) The Usborne book of the Unknown,Usborne book of the Future,Usborne book of the Supernatural World.

O.K,so thats a handful of mine,so what were yours?...

My number 1 toy of all time my first Action Man 1965 dress as a German storm trooper all things mechanical Meccano Chemistry set Scale electric, the James Bond Corgi DB5GT the Corgi Bat mobile all the Corgi Thunderbirds collection all the Beano and Dandy annuals the Guinness book of records, my MK1 Raleigh Chopper BSA Air rifle Milbro slingshot and as many Airfix models that I could get my hands on.

Last edited:
Ha ha, good thread.
Loved lego, built everything square.
Didn't really have kits, so it was square space ships, square cars.
Speaking of which, loads of toy cars.
1:32 toy soldiers, spent ages playing with those.
Marbles, we spent an incredible amount of time with these.
Action Man.
An unbranded bike that I could make go anywhere.
As good as I can on my mountain bike now. (better actually)
Top trumps.
Remember the star wars collectors cards?
Panini stickers?
Scalextric.

Bikes of many varieties - taught myself how to ride round corners without holding the handlebars, eventually I broke my wrist
Action Man - still have him in one piece from 42 years ago, despite numerous kamikaze missions
Toy Soldiers - the rockery served as a great Monte Cassino
Top Trumps - Always made sure my brother got the Lada and I got the Rolls
Lego - enough for what at the time seemed like skyscrapers
Toy Cars - Matchbox and Dinky plus a multi storey car park / garage

Back
Top Bottom