Soap Samples

Hi all, I have been de shaving for 18 months or so now and I have Palmolive, Arko, and Maca Root soaps. I was wondering about artisans. Could you advise me where I could get some samples to try other soaps and creams. Do soap makers do samples in the UK? Thanks for your input

Shave Dash was recently recommended to me on this forum. I'd also recommend them.
Website is a bit rubbish/problematic on a phone, so recommend using a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks all. Just checked them out. Wouldn't know what to choose. I will search for reviews first. Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Just checked them out. Wouldn't know what to choose. I will search for reviews first. Thanks again
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My advice is start with samples from soaps you have seen enough positive feedback on. Don't worry to much at this stage on the negative but do keep it in mind. Look for scents of soaps you like and look for your soaps from there. Samples are always a rabbit hole but a not as deep one as whole tubs of soaps.

...Samples are always a rabbit hole but a not as deep one as whole tubs of soaps.

So true and yet many artisan makers hate to make samples as time wise they say it costs them more than they profit. I understand that, but who here among us would marry a woman without snatching a kiss first (or vice versa)? ;)

So true and yet many artisan makers hate to make samples as time wise they say it costs them more than they profit. I understand that, but who here among us would marry a woman without snatching a kiss first (or vice versa)? ;)

If you make a good product, samples mean sales. I don't understand how making samples costs them more than profit.
I used to have a shop, and by giving samples for free meant my sales were higher. Someone would buy multiples rather than a single item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Roy
Shavedash and Connights are both good places to grab samples. But I will say this i've blind bought many a soap of then ended up selling on the ones I don't like

Samples are good way to get to know a producer and/or try scents. It does cost more per ml/gram/ounce but i prefer spending 20pounds on 10 samples than 1 soap for 15 if i don't like it.

Many of us want to try different things and in the ocean of artisans and producers buying 150ml soaps ends in stockpilling and waste. I always wondered how artisans don't see this and start selling smaller pucks. It could mean more sales and more money. Bigger packages are always the cheapest per ml/gram but some look for smaller sizes and are willing to pay more for it. I would gladly buy 2 × 60 ml for 15 than 1×150ml for 15 even though i get less.

Recently i heard some good news from P&B who's heading in that direction.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Samples are good way to get to know a producer and/or try scents. It does cost more per ml/gram/ounce but i prefer spending 20pounds on 10 samples than 1 soap for 15 if i don't like it.

Many of us want to try different things and in the ocean of artisans and producers buying 150ml soaps ends in stockpilling and waste. I always wondered how artisans don't see this and start selling smaller pucks. It could mean more sales and more money. Bigger packages are always the cheapest per ml/gram but some look for smaller sizes and are willing to pay more for it. I would gladly buy 2 × 60 ml for 15 than 1×150ml for 15 even though i get less.

Recently i heard some good news from P&B who's heading in that direction.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I agree 100% with you. I would buy small amounts but often as one of the pleasures of shaving is trying new products.Some of the samples offered are small and an ideal size would 25% of the normal size tub of cream or soap. I don't want to have loads of partly used tubs!

Back
Top Bottom