SOTD: 13/06/17

Prep: Shower with Issey Miyake body wash.
Pre-Shave: BBS Shave OIl
Razor: Rockwell 6c (on Loan)
Blade: Astra SP #2
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band (on Loan)
Soap: Truefit & Hill 1805
Post Shave: Thayers cucumber witch hazel.
Aftershave Balm: Issey Miyake
EDT: Issey Miyake
WP_20170613_020 (2).jpg
This is the first time I have had the fortunate opportunity to use the much talked about "Rockwell 6c." All I can say is WOW!

Since joining the DE world, I have managed to collate the Murker 34c, Muhle R89, Muhle R41, Piccolo Grande, and the Gillette asylum "1952."
I have also tried the futuristic Option 5.

It is a bold statement but I am absolutely in total admiration of this razor. I set it on plate #4 and can honestly say it has been the best experience I have ever had with the DE.
Every razor I currently own have individual wonderful characteristics but this razor has literally blown me away. YMMV.
It is silky smooth, very forgiving and removes whiskers without you realising. I have read reports that the bulky head has caused problems with the difficult areas such as the under nose hairs but I do not find this the case. There is enough blade edge to comfortably shave such areas.
The head is indeed bulky and the balance is definitely concentrated on there but again I love that. There is no pressure needed.
If you like a razor with "loud audibility" then this is not for you. I would like to nickname it as the " silent assassin."
A Wonderful experience that I cannot wait to try tomorrow.
I am now enabled and am considering the 6s? :)
Anyone know if the "adjustable" is on the horizon?

The other star of the show was the Truefit & Hill 1805, again my first time with this soap and the results were amongst the best I have experienced so far. Using the Maseto 30mm brush I managed to obtain a wonderful slick cushioned face lather that only required a pea size amount on the brush.
A three pass BBS shave that I will never forget.

Happy shaving everyone! :)

Wayne

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom