SOTD Saturday 11th November 2017 - Friday 17th November 2017

SOTD: 11th November 2017.
A1+.JPG
Shaving recipe for today. (Armistice day shave)

Prep: Hot shower:/ Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword.

Face Lather.

Soap : MWF .

Blade:Gillette 7'o Clock sharpEdge . (1)

Razor: Fatip grande .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Old Spice~ swagger A/S .

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend, the fatip grande / 7'o Clock sharpEdge paired up wonderfully, very smooth sharp & efficient,the MWF provided me with a wonderful slick protective lather, resulting in a wonderful 3 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a very generous splash of Old spice Swagger Aftershave.

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~ 11th November

Prep ~ Face wash with Donkey & Goats milk soap
Razor ~ Feather SS Kamisori
Blade ~ Schick Proline
Soap ~ Calani Oriental Plum
Brush ~ Razorock Silvertip Synth
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Opus 1870 - Penhaligons

A close and clean shave from the Feather SS paired with the super smooth Proline, helped along by the wonderful Oriental Plum with its slick lather and beautiful scent.
If only the picture was as good as the shave, poor light here this morning, pouring with rain and very overcast but I won't let that dampen my mood, the shave was a good one and I'm smelling great! :)

I hope you all have a great weekend.........:)

Saturday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply-SE v2.0 (Plate **).
Blade - Schick Proline P-20 (Day 3).
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol Soap
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

The Schick Proline P-20 paired with the Supply SE v2.0 is a great combination, as ever YMMV

Off to Glasgow with the Mrs, to see Bananarma Was under pain of death to be ready on time.

I wanted my face to be as smooth and stubble free in the 80's as a homage to the band/group/artists - went fir a 3 pass dolphin finish.

I love shaving with the Supply SE, when in a hurry, as once the angle is sorted, there is little that can go wrong.

A great shave, no issues, no post shave sting from the OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol splash.

On the train, which is a nightmare. Little mix are also playing in Glasgow tonight- so every carriage is stuffed with either mums and daughters or ladies of a different age demographic. I fear that the 80's demographic are about to open their carrier bags of proseco and pringles #joy

The only thing to brighten my morning is the return of OSP.

All the best,

Chris

Tuesday at 12:45

Today's shave:

rdt171111.jpg

- Wickham 1912 Scottish Heather
- MÜHLE Black Fibre
- FaTip piccolo with Sputnik blade
- Brummel aftershave

:)

My first shave with a FaTip! I was prepared for it to be somewhat aggressive, but it turned out not to be. I could feel the blade, but that's about it. The result is as good as any shave I've had with the Rockwell, and almost as good as with the Variant or Rocca. (The handle is a tad fiddly, though.)

View attachment 30762 ~SOTD~ 11th November

Prep ~ Face wash with Donkey & Goats milk soap
Razor ~ Feather SS Kamisori
Blade ~ Schick Proline
Soap ~ Calani Oriental Plum
Brush ~ Razorock Silvertip Synth
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Opus 1870 - Penhaligons

A close and clean shave from the Feather SS paired with the super smooth Proline, helped along by the wonderful Oriental Plum with its slick lather and beautiful scent.
If only the picture was as good as the shave, poor light here this morning, pouring with rain and very overcast but I won't let that dampen my mood, the shave was a good one and I'm smelling great! :)

I hope you all have a great weekend.........:)

@Blademonkey Paul, that looks a great set up. I don't have the gonads to shave with a blade like that. Did it come with a steep learning curve?

Chris

@Blademonkey Paul, that looks a great set up. I don't have the gonads to shave with a blade like that. Did it come with a steep learning curve?

Chris
Good morning Chris, it was not very difficult to master tbh, once you have the first couple of shaves under your belt you stop worring about it and your shaves with it continue to improve. The SS is quite easy to use and I would recommend trying one, if interested drop me a PM.
P.

Good morning Chris, it was not very difficult to master tbh, once you have the first couple of shaves under your belt you stop worring about it and your shaves with it continue to improve. The SS is quite easy to use and I would recommend trying one, if interested drop me a PM.
P.
@Ferry-shave, they're worth working with. @Blademonkey gave me good advice when I started my AC adventures...

Saturday 11th November

Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Erasmic Shave Stick
Vulfix 2190 Brush in Pure Badger
Ever-Ready 1912 razor with a shimmed GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
menU Moisturiser
TOBS Luxury Sandalwood Cologne

A lovely smooth 3 pass BBS shave on Armistice Day. This will be a weekend of getting together with old mates for some reminiscing about old times.

Lest We Forget

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash.
La Toja Cream.
Vie-Long Horse Hair.
Little Wren Pottery.
Brass General.
Feather Pro (5).
Fine Green Vetiver Aftershave.
BBA Post Shave Balm.
Guerlain Vetiver EDT.

I had a right ol' skiddle about (@Digimonkey) in the bathroom this morning. I'm smooth, refreshed, smelling good, and all set for a day of........Christmas shopping. What's that all about? Have a great weekend chaps.

Lest We Forget.

Back
Top Bottom