SOTD: Saturday 13th January - Friday 19th January 2018.

SOTD: 13th January 2018.
+A 1.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/Pears ~ Transparent Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077 .

Bowl Lather.

Soap: Monsavon.

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (1)

Razor: Parker 99R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block. /Cold Water Face Rinse/Aloe Vera Gel

David Beckham ~ Instinct A/S.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend,.it's been a while since i last paired up my 99R with a GSB blade, and wow!..what a wonderful match, sharp smooth & efficient, after the 2nd pass, i was done, but i carried on with the 3rd & pick up pass for the sheer pleasure of the shave,and to use up the wonderful lather the monsavon soap had provided me.

A wonderful 3 pass + pickups DFS with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of david beckham ~ instinct a/s.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt180113.jpg

- Phoenix & Beau Obsidian
- Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
- Edwin Jagger with custom handle and ASP blade
- Tüff Sensitiv aftershave

:D

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Pro
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Stirling Sandalwood PSB

IMG_20180113_100956.jpg
I was curious to see how smooth the combination of Cobra/Feather was on less than 24hrs growth.
With the slickness and cushion of Stirling as the Cobra's ally, the stubble stood no chance and my skin feels smooth and soft.
Have a great weekend everyone,
Kevin A.O.K.ST.C
@Digimonkey A.O.K.ST.C

96948_E45-442_B-44_D6-_AC0_B-74817146_D720.jpg

Rocca R96
Astra SP - #2
Stirling Lemon Chill
YaQi 2-band fan

Shaving two days after the last, the Rocca mowed down all in its path (within reason). Base of my neck I didn't want to push but one pass and a couple of touch ups later and I'm pretty smooth. One of the briskest soaps with a cold-water shave on this wintry Welsh day made for a bracing shave! Give it a go, I dare you! :D

Greetings All,

Saturday pm shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered, then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Soap: P&B – Oberon
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (Setting 5)
Blade: Astra SP (1st)
Brush: RazoRock 400

Post Shave: Hot and cold water rinse, then Nivea 2 Phase and Nivea Original Balm.

Firstly, new soap today – P&B Oberon. Like the last two P&B soaps I have tried, being Whitechapel and Baskerville, this soap will be added directly to my KEEPERS pile. Everything about this soap was what I liked from the scent (could be stronger) but was pleasant and made the shave more enjoyable. And as usual with P&B soaps, the cushioning and slickness were second to none – another great product.

Secondly, tried the Astra SP in my Gillette Slim Adjustable. I must admit I had a good shave (a lot down to the soap) but like my overall blade grading would put the Gillette Nacet a notch higher in terms of overall comfort (this is also bearing in mind I had a used Gillette Nacet and a new Astra SP).

Back on Monday testing the Perma-Sharp Super.

Have a great weekend.

Brian

Saturday 13th January

Olive Oil Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Proraso Sensitive Preshave
OSP Bay Rum Soap
Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mm Tuxedo Brush
Muhle R41 (2011) Razor
Gilette Super Thin Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Brian's Homemade Bay Rum

Today's shave with the R41 felt much better. I was more confident and there was only minimal sting at the spot I always have to touch up when shaving.

2 passes and the aforementioned touch up for a BBS shave:)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash
Valobra
Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip (face lather)
Gibbs No.15 (on loan)
Astra SP (1)
Fine Green Vetiver Aftershave
Guerlain Vetiver EDT

Although Iain's (@Digimonkey) brushes seem to get along very well with each other, even to the extent of forming their own choral society, the same can't be said for his razors. Never a month goes by without one of them being sent in to exile. I'm more than happy to give the Gibbs safe harbour for a week or so. And what a fantastic razor it is. I used it on the N setting and was rewarded with a remarkably smooth and efficient shave. I tend to think of the Rockwell 6C as my smoothest DE razor and the Gibbs is at least a match for that. I will definately be tracking one of these down in 2019 but with the proviso that I buy a metal punch too. Trying to put the notches in a blade with kitchen scissors is not ideal. Especially for someone like me who struggles to change a lightbulb. Cheers Iain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom